Disney announced on February 20 that San Fransokyo Square will officially open this summer at Disney California Adventure.
The transformation to the Pacific Wharf Area was first announced at the D23 Expo in 2022.
Disney also shared some new updates alongside the opening timeline, including the following.
“San Fransokyo Square will transport you to the not-too-distant future, in a fictional mash-up of two iconic cities – San Francisco and Tokyo,” Disney describes.
“As the tech industry began to emerge and the local fishing trade fell on hard times, entrepreneurs came together to reinvent the seaside canneries into a vibrant, multicultural district of neighborhood restaurants and small businesses where you’ll be able to eat and shop.”
There will be an iconic landmark of the area dubbed the “San Fransokyo Gate Bridge,” which will span the tide pools linking San Fransokyo Square to the Paradise Gardens Park obelisk.
As guests cross the bridge, there will be views of the floating wind turbine atop an old fishing net tannery, powering the district from high in the sky.
Outside a converted warehouse at the south end of San Fransokyo, there will also be a chance to meet Baymax.
During the renovation, Pacific Wharf dining location will remain available to guests.
Upon San Fransokyo’s opening this summer, there will continue to be favorite dining options that include soups in freshly baked bread bowls and some new Asian-inspired selections.
Plus, guests can expect the new Port of San Fransokyo Cervecería, which draws inspiration from its tri-cultural influences with signage in English, Japanese, and Spanish.
Better yet, there will be an outdoor beer garden decorated with festoon lights and papel picado.
Who else is excited to see San Fransokyo Square when it opens later this summer?
- Pixar Changes Coming To Paradise Pier, More Downtown Disney Updates
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Opening Memorial Day Weekend
- Minnie Vans Returning To Disney World In Summer 2022
- Select Rooms at Caribbean Beach Receiving “Under the Sea” Theme
- Disneyland Announces Early Entry & More For Resort Hotel Guests In Summer 2022
- 14 Tips for Riding Tron Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom - March 13, 2023
- How the Virtual Queue for TRON Lightcycle / Run Works - March 9, 2023
- 2023 Guide to Easter at Disney World - March 9, 2023