Disney World recently raised prices on several things so I have details on that, as well as my time spent at Universal.
I also have a quick tip on avoiding fees for heavy luggage, a featured company to help you save money on park tickets, and recent news.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I’ll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
My DCL cruise ship tour and time at Universal
In this episode, I discuss the tour I took of a Disney Cruise Line ship, touring all of the Universal hotels, and the Raptor Encounter experience.
Disney just raised the prices on these things:
- Annual Passes have changed in price, name, and benefits. Here’s a chart to summarize the changes.
- Parking is now $20/day instead of $17/day (though it remains free for people staying onsite and Annual Passholders).
- Valet parking is now $25/day.
- The Tables in Wonderland card is now $175 for Florida residents and $150 for Annual Passholders and DVC owners. See the full list of dining locations where this can be used.
- Previews of The Good Dinosaur are beginning on October 16 at One Man’s Dream through December 4. The movie opens at Thanksgiving.
- Dining alert systems (such as WDW Table Finder) have been shut down at Disney’s request.
- Duffy is now gone at Epcot.
- Rafiki begins meeting people today, October 4, at MK near Sunshine Tree Terrace in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom.
- Downtown Disney is now Disney Springs as of September 29.
- Morimoto Asia in Disney Springs is now open.
- Pecos Bills has reopened with a new menu.
Today’s featured company is Park Savers who sells discounted tickets at prices that are exclusive to WDW Prep readers.
Quick tip of the day
If you’re checking multiple bags for your flight, check the heaviest bag first. If it happens to be over the weight limit, that’ll give you a chance to reallocate the weight to a lighter bag to avoid extra fees.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- Disney World Genie+ Price Now Varies By Date, Plus Other Cost Increases
- New Car Locator Feature Coming to My Disney Experience & Disneyland Apps
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Disney Raises Price for Genie+ at Disneyland
- Erin C.’s trip with two little ones to Disney World– PREP 358 - May 23, 2023
- What is the best way to get from MCO to WDW? - May 16, 2023
- Competing at The Summit and a Disney World vacation with Misty O – PREP 357 - May 16, 2023
Monday 19th of October 2015
do you know when the Florida residents discover Disney tickets will be on sale? also do you know the dates you'll be able to use them and the price of the tickets?
Monday 5th of October 2015
Do you believe that an increase in Annual Passes will be followed with an increase in daily tickets? And if so have you heard any rumors of when that might happen?
Monday 5th of October 2015
Hi Shannon, my family and I are definitely interested in the discounted tickets through ParkSavers. I believe they were already the cheapest tickets that we found, so an additional discount would be even better! However, it appears that they must be used by December 31, 2015, and we are going in January 2016. Do you know if they will be extending this deal at all? Thanks!