A lot of Disney World visitors never consider a trip to Disneyland because it’s so much smaller, but I have lots of good reasons why you might want to think about planning a trip there.
I also have recent news, a featured company, and a quick tip of the day.
So much has changed since we first brought you this podcast, including the addition of an entire section on the site dedicated to Disneyland.
We have tons of pages and resources to help you plan the perfect Disneyland vacation.
Get started with our Complete Guide to Disneyland (with comparisons to Walt Disney World).
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I’ll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Reasons WDW fans should consider Disneyland
Disneyland has lots of perks that Disney World doesn’t, such as:
- Better weather (no ponchos needed!)
- Can be less expensive, especially if staying offsite at a budget chain
- More laid back planning process
- History (Walt touched everything)
- Ability to add other things to your trip, such as a trip to the beach or nearby cities
- Better versions of attractions (especially Pirates of the Caribbean and Space Mountain)
- Unique things that Disney World doesn’t have – Cars Land, Paint the Night parade, the new fireworks, etc.
For more info on planning, see my info on how to do Disneyland if you’re a Disney World veteran and also check out DLRPrepSchool.com.
- 1-day Memory Maker is available at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party now. The cost is $40 and it can be purchased at Guest Relations.
- Purple MagicBands might be coming.
- Park ticket prices likely going up soon.
- Homecoming: Florida Kitchen and Southern Shine, an Art Smith restaurant, opens at Disney Springs in summer 2016.
Today’s featured company is NerdBoy Apps, my son’s app development company. He created the WDW Prep Countdown app to help people count down to their trips and have calendar reminders set as well.
Quick tip of the day
Disney-related subscription boxes make a fun gift idea or a way to countdown time until your next trip. Check this subscription box list for options and reviews.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Disneyland Reveals Details On Latest Haunted Mansion Updates
- Disneyland Confirms Rise of the Resistance Will Use Virtual Queue System
- Jungle Cruise Will Be Revamped At Both Walt Disney World & Disneyland
- Disneyland Shares Details For Park Reservation System & Ticket Sales
- Disneyland Will Reopen On April 30