Our family just returned from a 5-day trip to California where we enjoyed a couple of days at Disneyland and visits to nearby cities.
I have info on how to do that, plus some recent news and a quick tip on navigating easily.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Our California trip
We loved our time in California visiting both Disneyland and nearby cities. Some notes about visiting Disneyland:
- The DLRPrepSchool.com site is the best place to research and plan
- Dining reservations can be made up to 60 days ahead (though the park hours are often not available then)
- 1 day in each park is probably enough for Disney World veterans
- Easy to combine Disneyland with nearby locations. Our family liked doing a park day, followed by visiting a nearby location (such as Hollywood and San Diego) to balance sleep and driving time
- Staying off-site is much easier at Disneyland since there are so many locations that are affordable and within walking distance
- The weather is so, so mild compared to Florida and a sweater/jacket is often required for mornings and evenings
- There are very few FastPass opportunities at Disneyland but many more single rider options
- Unique things like Cars Land, World of Color (watch my video of the last few minutes), and the new Paint the Night parade and Disneyland fireworks are worth a visit by themselves
- Disneyland isn't as immersive as Disney World so you aren't in the "bubble" as much but there are many great things about it that make it fun but in a different way
- Starbucks is opening at Animal Kingdom on June 18
- The "Frozen Fever" movie short will be showing at Hollywood Studios from June 17 - September 7
- Disney Dining Plan credits can now be used in more ways
- I'm hosting a private breakfast at Epcot on November 6. Email [email protected] to reserve your spot.
Quick tip of the day
I've used Uber about 10 times in the last month at both Disney World and Disneyland. Use my code ("shannona9") to get a free ride of up to $20.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you're used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)