As you’re planning your Disney World trip, it can be difficult to figure out what to do on your arrival and departure days.
Today, I have some ideas for you on that.
I also have a quick tip that you might be able to put to use on your next flight.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Arrival and departure day ideas
- I usually suggest starting and ending trips with a bang, but I don’t want you to stress yourself out in the process
- For people w/longer trips, you might choose to do very little on arrival and departure days. Consider swimming and exploring your resort. Check out the scavenger hunt books my sister-in-law made on 1 of our trips.
- For shorter trips, you might want to squeeze in some park time on arrival or departure days. Just keep in mind that Magical Express won’t take you to the parks from the airport, many people who booked packages will need to check in at the resort before going to the parks, and that you can try to reschedule any FastPass+ reservations that you miss
- Character meals are 1 of our favorite ways to begin and end a trip, but I’d suggest that you try to do ones that are convenient to you and/or explore non-Disney transportation options such as taxis or Uber to reduce the amount of time it takes
- Downtown Disney might be a good fit on departure day, particularly for souvenir shopping
- Hear more about my departure day routine in episode 80
- 2016 Disney World packages will be available to book on June 22
- Details about the “Frozen Ever After” ride that’s coming to Epcot in spring 2016 were released in a Wall Street Journal article
- The monthly dashboards now include a “save as PDF” option for the calendars.
- The 100th episode of the podcast is coming up. Submit your very own quick tip here (be sure to include your name and location).
Quick tip of the day
Use a Ziploc to prop up your phone on flights by using the tray clasp to hold it up. See this Instagram pic for how it works.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)