We have 2023 dates for Oogie Boogie Bash at Disney California Adventure, along with other Halloween information for this year at the happiest place on earth.
What makes Halloween so much fun at Disneyland is that most of the fang-tastic offerings are available to all guests throughout the daytime and evenings (minus Oogie Boogie Bash).
Keep reading for more about the Disneyland Halloween 2023 fun!
Halloween Time at Disneyland Resort
This year’s Halloween festivities at Disneyland begin September 1 and runs through October 31.
Oogie Boogie Bash 2023
Oogie Boogie Bash, Disney California Adventure’s Halloween after hours party, will be held on 25 select nights beginning September 5 through October 31.
Parties start at 6 p.m. and run until 11 p.m. Mix-in begins at 3 p.m., meaning Oogie Boogie Bash ticket holders can enter DCA as early as 3 p.m.
Important: No theme park reservation is required for the park mix-in and event with your event ticket.
Ticket prices will range from $134 to $189. The event dates are:
- September: 5, 7, 10, 12, 14, 17, 19, 21, 24, 26, 28
- October: 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29, 31
Ticket sale information:
- Starting June 27 (no earlier than 9:00 a.m. PT), Magic Key holders have the opportunity to purchase from a select amount of pre-sale tickets ahead of the general public.
- General admission tickets go on sale June 29, 2023.
Disneyland Park Halloween Events
Once again, guests visiting Disneyland Park will be able to enjoy all kinds of special Halloween fun, like:
- Limited-time treats
- Main Street U.S.A.’s famous giant Mickey Mouse pumpkin
- Haunted Mansion Holiday (the Nightmare Before Christmas attraction holiday overlay for Halloween and the holidays)
- Halloween Screams, a fireworks, projection and light show occurring at several different locations throughout the park, including Main Street, U.S.A., Sleeping Beauty Castle, and in front of “it’s a small world.” This also means that the nighttime spectacular Wondrous Journeys is scheduled to make its last performance of the year on August 31.
Disney California Adventure Halloween Events
In addition to Oogie Boogie Bash, there are all kinds of exclusive Halloween events on the schedule.
- Cars Land’s Radiator Springs will become Radiator Screams, with the chance to ride Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween. Plus, for the first time, resident “car-acter” Guido will sport a ghoulish “car-stume” as he welcomes guests to the Casa Della Tires.
- Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT! transforms into Guardians of the Galaxy – Monsters After Dark, an exciting and spooky adventure filled with creepy creatures and thrilling drops
- Plaza de la Familia will also return September 1 through November 2, 2023, to celebrate the spirit of Día De Los Muertos with live entertainment, special foods, hands-on crafts, and interactive experiences. Over in Cars Land, Ramone will honor Día de los Muertos at his detailing shop with an “ofrenda” celebrating the town’s good friend, Doc Hudson.
Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit
In Downtown Disney, guests can try Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit, a family-friendly pumpkin scavenger hunt, from September 8 through November 1 for $9.99 plus tax at select merchandise locations.
Whether you choose to hunt for pumpkins or not, you can return your game board to a redemption location for a prize.
Where to Purchase:
- Acorns Gifts & Goods (Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa)
- Disney Home
- Disney’s Fantasia Shop (Disneyland Hotel)
- Disney’s Pin Traders
- small world Gifts & Sundries (Disneyland Hotel)
- The Disney Dress Shop
- Wonderground Gallery
- World of Disney
Where to Pick Up Your Prize:
There is a limit of game board purchases per guests. Game boards are valid for redemption through November 1 or while surprise supplies last.
If you want to visit Disneyland during Halloween season, be sure to contact Small World Vacations for help with all your booking needs!
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Be Our Guest review: is it worth it? - September 21, 2023
- Cinderella’s Royal Table lunch & dinner review: is it worth it? - September 21, 2023
- Best Vegetarian Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2023 - September 18, 2023