Dave’s family is used to going to Disneyland but decided to head to Disney World for the first time. See how his trip went and how he likes it compared to Disneyland.
I also have a quick tip about how to increase your chances of getting FastPass+ reservations for a group if you find no availability.
While articles on this site are updated frequently as changes occur, podcast audio and show notes are not. The text below is show notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a first-timer trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Things mentioned in this episode
- How to rent DVC points
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party info (including a suggested touring plan)
- WDW Prep Navigator tool
- List of rides with interactive queues
Quick tip of the day
Listener Julie emailed this tip:
“When trying to book extra fastpasses later in the day, it’s often hard to get the same time for a while group. But you can search for fewer people and often find overlapping reservations. Sometimes even for the same time.
For instance: we were on our way to Animal Kingdom in the afternoon and wanted to do the Kilimanjaro Safaris, there were no FastPasses for four people. But there are plenty for one person all within 10-15 minutes of each other, since there is an hour to get to the fast pass after it starts we all had plenty of time to get there and ride as one group.”
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- Disneyland Releases Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue Distribution Times
- Disneyland Confirms Rise of the Resistance Will Use Virtual Queue System
- Chefs de France In Epcot Is Now Accepting Reservations For Early October
- Disneyland Announces More Reopening & Reservation Dates For Select Dining
- A Modified Festival Of The Lion King Is Returning In Summer 2021