After asking my son to be on the podcast for over a year, he finally agreed.
In this episode, we chat app development, his favorite Disney World things and a few of his favorite podcasts.
I also have a quick tip about something to consider if you plan to stay off-site.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Chatting with my son
My 13-year-old son, Blake, just released a Disney World countdown app in the Apple App Store. He discusses how he got started programming and what his next project is going to be.
He also offered some advice on Disney World, including:
- his favorite Disney World restaurant (Le Cellier)
- the best rides for first-time visitors (Magic Kingdom rides, especially in Fantasyland)
- his favorite must-do attractions (Carousel of Progress, Ellen’s Energy Adventure, Journey Into Imagination with Figment, and Spaceship Earth)
- his thoughts on DisneyQuest
- the best age to take a kid on a Disney World trip
- things kids can do to make the World Showcase interesting (Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure)
He also discusses his favorite podcasts which include A Way with Words, TechStuff, and Fw: Thinking. (He doesn’t listen to this podcast because he says hearing my voice coming out of his podcast app is super weird.)
Quick tip of the day
If you’re staying off-site, strongly consider renting a car for your trip as shuttle services can be unreliable. When comparing prices of staying on-site vs. off-site, be sure to add the cost of the rental car + daily parking at Disney World. Check TripAdvisor.com for reviews of your off-site hotel to see how others view the shuttles.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- A New Exhibit Inspired By Pixar’s ‘Soul’ Is Coming To Epcot In February
- Taste of Epcot International Festival Of The Arts Begins In January 2021
- More Details Released For The 2020 Festival of The Holidays At Epcot
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure Will Open At Epcot In October 2021
- Disney Announces New Disney MagicMobile Service