I sometimes share dining info about Disney World restaurants but don’t often talk about which locations I really like.
Today, I’m telling you my 5 favorite Quick Service and Table Service restaurants.
And my quick tip of the day is a trick to avoid waiting in long lines at 1 of my favorite Quick Service restaurants.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
My favorite restaurants
9 of the 10 restaurants below are good values on the Disney Dining Plan. For more info on maximizing Disney Dining Plan credits, see my post on that at
My 5 favorite Quick Service restaurants
- Wolfgang Puck Express, located in Downtown Disney. 1 pizza costs just 1 Quick Service credit and it’s delicious.
- Columbia Harbour House, inside Magic Kingdom. I recommend the Anchors Aweigh Tuna Sandwich and looking for a spot to sit upstairs.
- Be Our Guest lunch, at Magic Kingdom. Line up at 10:30 or 1:30 to avoid the long lines or use the quick tip of the day (info on that below) to skip lines.
- Sunshine Seasons, inside the same building as Soarin’ Epcot. Large food court-style eating area with a variety of food. It can get busy so I suggest having 1 person find seating while everybody else orders if you can.
- Flame Tree Barbecue, located at Animal Kingdom. Great barbecue platters and seating in pavilions with nice views of the water.
My 5 favorite Table Service restaurants
- Le Cellier, located in the Canada section of Epcot. Really love the cheese soup, pretzel bread, beer and steak here. This is not a great value on the Disney Dining Plan since it costs 2 Table Service credits.
- Boma, at Animal Kingdom Lodge. African buffet with fantastic soups, desserts and a chance to sample many types of entrees.
- Restaurant Marrakesh, in the Morocco section of Epcot. Music, belly dancer, chance to sample foods. People paying out-of-pocket might want to opt for lunch since it’s less expensive and a very similar menu as dinner.
- Ohana, located at The Polynesian. American-style foods with characters at breakfast and great meats and fun atmosphere at dinner.
- Biergarten, in the Germany section of Epcot. German buffet, live band, dance floor, seating is with other people.
Quick tip of the day
People staying on-site can make a FastPass+ reservation at Be Our Guest for lunch to avoid the lines. Reservations often become available about a month beforehand. You’ll need the 12 digit numeric confirmation number (often found on Magical Express luggage tags, emails from Disney and in your Disney account before MagicBands are shipped) and then you can go to Be Our Guest Lunch to make that reservation.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
Questions or other thoughts on the best places to eat at Disney World?
Please feel free to share them in the comments.
- Fantasmic Returns to Hollywood Studios November 3
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- Disney Dining Plan returns January 2024 (plus park reservations ending for date-based tickets)
- Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Is Reopening November 4
- D23 Expo 2022 blue sky ideas for Disney World (Zootopia, Moana, Coco, Encanto, villains)
- Erin C.’s trip with two little ones to Disney World– PREP 358 - May 23, 2023
- What is the best way to get from MCO to WDW? - May 16, 2023
- Competing at The Summit and a Disney World vacation with Misty O – PREP 357 - May 16, 2023
Wednesday 1st of April 2015
I would add Sleepy Hollow Refreshments at Magic Kingdom to your list.
IMHO, none of the quick service restaurants at WDW are going to win awards for the awesomeness of their food. I am so sick of the 1/3 lb. bacon cheeseburger that's been done to death at Cosmic Ray's, Tomorrowland Terrace, Pecos Bill's, and that ilk.
BUT at least Flame Tree BBQ & Sleepy Hollow Refreshments offer fare that is somewhat unique in the quick service milieu. Does Flame Tree make the best BBQ ever? No. Does Sleepy Hollow have the best sweet & spicy chicken waffle sandwich that any cook has ever served? No. But for what they are - relatively inexpensive, quick options at WDW - they are good.
Saturday 10th of October 2015
I have my eye on Sleepy Hollow, too, especially since it would be a nice stop for a snack right before the 3:00 pm parade. But, I didn't see it as an option for Quick Service/Counter Service on the Disney Dining Plan. So, we'll probably just pay out of pocket for the waffle with the nutella and fruit. Looks yummy!
Thursday 1st of January 2015
The "claim reservation" for the Be Our Guest link that you posted is not working for me either. I have the correct 12 digit code but it keeps telling me that the reservation ID and names must match with reservation details. Trying to reserve for February 2nd. Bummer.
Wednesday 12th of March 2014
Be Our Guest Fast Pass worked for me! We are officially 29 days out! I bookmarked the site just in case I need to make adjustments to the meal selections! How awesome!!! Thanks so much!
Sunday 9th of March 2014
Our new favourite restaurant is The Wave in contemporary. Their menu is always changing because they use mostly local produce so it depends on what is available. The food was so fresh and cooked to perfection the atmosphere was so relaxed and it felt so spacious
Saturday 8th of March 2014
OK. I think I have a fastpass+ for Be Our Guest in 2 weeks. Reading their FAQ, it seems that I just show up, so that is what we'll do.