If somebody asked me what the best-of-the-best plans were for a family trip to Disney World, today’s 1-week plan would be it. It has all of my favorite overall resorts, dining locations and special touches that I think most families will enjoy.
I also have a quick tip of the day about what you can order when you make a dining reservation.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
My favorite 1 week trip plan
Best resort options
- Value Resorts – Pop Century and Art of Animation
- Moderate Resorts – Port Orleans Riverside or Port Orleans French Quarter
- Deluxe Resorts – many good options
Use my general touring plans for touring each park
- Day 1 – arrival day, get checked in, dinner at Chef Mickey’s
- Day 2 – Magic Kingdom with early breakfast in the park before it opens, lunch at Columbia Harbour House, Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party in the evening
- Day 3 – Epcot, lunch at Sunshine Seasons, tour World Showcase w/Agent P’s World Showcase Adventure, dinner at Garden Grill or Biergarten or Teppan Edo, Illuminations cruise
- Day 4 – Hollywood Studios, Hollywood and Vine character meal for breakfast or lunch, Sci-Fi Diner is a good option for lunch, end day with Fantasmic (suggestion: get a 4th FP+ in the park for Fantasmic or get Fantasmic Dinner Package)
- Day 5 – sleep in, visit Downtown Disney, maybe do a water park
- Day 6 – Animal Kingdom, Tusker House lunch, Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue for dinner
- Day 7 – Magic Kingdom, repeat items from the first day, dinner at a Magic Kingdom-area resort such as Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge, Pirate and Pals Fireworks Cruise
- Day 8 – get packed up and check in at the airline check-in desk, have a final fun character breakfast before departing
Quick tip of the day
You can order whatever you want at restaurants such as just having dessert or an appetizer. Don’t feel like you have to order an entire meal.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Meggan’s Thanksgiving week Disney World trip – PREP 386 - December 5, 2023
- Briana’s large family trip to Disney World – PREP 385 - November 28, 2023
- Disney World birthday trip with Savannah and her mom – PREP 384 - November 21, 2023