These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Links/notes mentioned in this episode
WHEN TO GO
- used to working around school schedules? Go during the school year. Want to attend an event? Go then.
WHERE TO STAY
- smaller rooms w/1 bed – Pop Century, All-Star Movies
- DVC studios w/1 bed and pullout couch – Beach Club and Bay Lake are faves
- Convention hotels – Coronado Springs, Swan/Dolphin
- practice dining alone at home if scared
- could do quick service for flexibility and to minimize awkwardness
- any table service will work but TS that have a bar or lounge can make it easier – 50s Prime Time Cafe, Jiko, California Grill,
- avoid family style restaurants like Ohana and Garden Grill
- Character dining – choose buffets
- much easier to get FastPasses including bonus FastPasses
- official and unofficial single rider lines available
- paying for 1 special ticket is so much easier than paying for several – tours, after hours parties, etc.
Quick tip of the day
Quick tip from Ingrid V.:
“Here’s my quick tip for people staying at BLT or the Contemporary. There is not a bus option home from Epcot to the Contemporary. At the end of the night after Illuminations the line for the monorail is nuts, and that will still require a transfer at the TTC (also nuts). To avoid that mess, you can take a bus to the Wilderness Lodge and then wait just a moment and get on one of the busses dropping off from Hollywood studios or Animal Kingdom. They are shared with the Contemporary, which is the next stop. If staying at Bay Lake Tower, the bus stop is much closer than the monorail stop, too!”
You might also consider exiting Epcot via the International Gateway, taking a bus from Beach Club to Magic Kingdom, and walking to Bay Lake Tower.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- Water Taxi Transportation Resumes Service At Polynesian
- New Summer 2021 Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Now Available
- Walt Disney World Friendship Boats Resume Service In Early November
- Walt Disney World Announces Reopening Dates For Club Level Lounges
- Valet Parking Is Returning To Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Tom’s U.K. Disney Cruise to Nowhere – PREP288 - September 24, 2021
- Jessica’s surprise birthday trip for her son – PREP287 - September 17, 2021
- How to get from the Orlando airport to Disney World - September 9, 2021