These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Links/notes mentioned in this episode
- crowd calendar
- fave times are in January and February, September good for low crowds
- Choose onsite or offsite w/onsite perks
- Faves onsite: Pop Century, Art of Animation suite, like all moderates almost equally except for bus stops, fave deluxe are Contemporary and Beach Club
- Faves offsite: Swan/Dolphin, Four Seasons, Disney Springs hotels
- choose where you’re going to be each day
- use our monthly calendars to help determine best parks
- choose dining based on where you’ll be
- plan park time to avoid lines and minimize waits
- Touring plans grouped by hour for the first 3 hours
- have had to pick and choose a lot the last few years – too many attractions and nighttime shows + FastPass tiering
- scavenger hunts at hotels
- pressed coins
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Early Morning Magic, After Hours
Quick tip of the day
Quick tip from Kathy S.:
“Make sure you update/renter your credit card on file in your My Disney Experience account. Especially if you haven’t been to the parks in a while to know your card is still active in your account.
My brother and I were ready at 6am this morning to make our ADRs. We followed the advice for getting hard-to-get ADRs on WDWPrepSchool.com and thought we had everything ready.
I was able to work through my list easily with no problems. The tab idea on the website worked wonderfully. My brother was not having the same luck as he was asked to renter his credit card info on his first reservation.
While trying it do that, the page froze and wouldn’t reload. He tried again and it froze again. He had to log in using a different browser then re-enter his credit card into his account.
From there he was able to start over with trying to make reservations. By this point, I had made all 4 of the ADRs on my list and 2 of them from his list.
His credit card was still in his account from his last trip 2.5 years ago, but clearly Disney felt it needed verified.
My last trip was 4 months ago so my card must have still been active in the system. This one little hiccup could mean the difference in getting those high priority ADRs.
Planning ahead and working together allowed us to get every ADR we wanted.”
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon: Comparing the Disney World Water Parks - September 29, 2023
- What’s coming in late 2023 and early 2024 – PREP 376 - September 26, 2023
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023