Disney has done it again: they’ve changed the rules on the FastPass+ system.
Today, I have info for you on how they will affect your plans, which FastPass+ reservations I suggest prioritizing and advice for people who want to park hop.
I also have a quick tip of the day about how to make it easier to make FastPass+ reservations when you’re traveling with a group.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
- New changes include being able to get more than 3 FastPass+ reservations per day (extras must be obtained at kiosks, though it will eventually be incorporated into My Disney Experience), the option to park hop and have FastPass+ reservations in both parks and being able to use your bonus FastPass+ reservations at the same ride
- Issues that could come up with these changes: you must use 3 FastPass+ reservations before getting any extras (and since some FastPass+ reservations are for nighttime fireworks and parades, you won’t be using them until the end of the night), FastPass+ reservations will run out for some attractions
- For people wanting to park hop, I’d suggest that Hollywood Studios is a good park to begin your day without any FastPass+ reservations, Animal Kingdom is a great park to do later in the day with pre-selected FastPass+ reservations, Epcot can be fairly easy as long as you get a FastPass+ for Soarin’ and ride Test Track in the single rider line
About Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Dedication for the media is April 28-May 2
- Soft openings could begin over the next couple of weeks
- Will have a height requirement of 38″ and last for about 2 minutes
- Unique features includes the animatronics (see video below) and the side-to-side swaying of the ride cars
- There are many FastPass+ options at Magic Kingdom and I would use FastPass+ reservations for things that will take longer such as Enchanted Tales with Belle and Jungle Cruise
Quick tip of the day
For people traveling to Disney World with others, I suggest connecting as friends within My Disney Experience so that things like FastPass+ reservations can be booked all at once.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Questions about the FastPass+ changes or Seven Dwarfs Mine Train? Please leave your thoughts in the comments.
- New Paid FastPass System Coming To Disney World & Disneyland
- New Disney After Hours BOO BASH Coming To Magic Kingdom For Halloween
- Disney Park Pass System Extended Through Early January 2023
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- Park-to-Park Transportation Set To Resume In 2021 At Walt Disney World
- Tom’s U.K. Disney Cruise to Nowhere – PREP288 - September 24, 2021
- Jessica’s surprise birthday trip for her son – PREP287 - September 17, 2021
- How to get from the Orlando airport to Disney World - September 9, 2021