You don’t have a whole week to spend at Disney World, so how do you fit it all into just a few days?
I’ve got some ideas on how to do that plus tips on using the dining plan and picking a room at The Polynesian.
What meals should you pay for out of pocket?
A reader named Mary emailed me with a question about how to decide which meals to pay for out-of-pocket if you’re using the Disney Dining Plan but have more dining reservations than credits.
My 2 tips for choosing what to pay for out-of-pocket:
- Pay for Signature Dining meals because they require 2 Table Service credits but aren’t worth 2
- Pick the cheapest meals on your list to pay for yourself
Be sure to check out my post on maximizing Disney Dining Plan credits for more info on which meals are the best value when using the Disney Dining Plan.
Tips for fitting Disney World into 3 days
- Visit during a less busy time (use crowd charts to help pick those dates)
- Define your must-see items and accept that you won’t do everything
- Do Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom in the same day
- Use single rider which is available on Expedition Everest, Test Track and Rock n Roller Coaster (but I don’t recommend using it on Rock n Roller Coaster)
- Get up early and stay late (but only on short trips – need to pace yourself on longer trips)
People who want to stay at The Polynesian Resort should consider requesting the Tokelau longhouse for their room. The advantages of Tokelau include: having the largest rooms, every floor has a balcony or patio, and it’s within walking distance of both monorail lines to Magic Kingdom and EPCOT.
You can find lots of good info on The Polynesian at TikimanPages.com.
To submit your tip, email podcast at wdwprepschool.com.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
- Disney Shares First Look At Reimagined ‘Moana’ Guest Rooms At Polynesian
- Three Bridges Bar & Grill At Coronado Springs Adds Mobile Order
- Walt Disney World Announces Reopening Dates For Club Level Lounges
- New Summer 2021 Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Now Available
- Polynesian Village Resort Reopens July 19 At Walt Disney World
- Tom’s U.K. Disney Cruise to Nowhere – PREP288 - September 24, 2021
- Jessica’s surprise birthday trip for her son – PREP287 - September 17, 2021
- How to get from the Orlando airport to Disney World - September 9, 2021