PhotoPass can be kind of hard to understand. I’ve got some info on who should use it and what I think you should purchase from the PhotoPass service.
I’ve also got tips on planning Table Service meals and a way to make your child easier to find inside one of the attractions at Hollywood Studios.
Can you get away with 2 Table Service meals on a week-long Disney World trip?
My friend Casey posed this question to me and I posted it on the Facebook Page. There were lots of replies and the consensus seemed to be that it’s definitely possible (especially if budget is a primary concern), but not eating in the restaurants means missing out on a big part of Disney World. It also means missing out on a chance to sit down and take a break from the huge amount of walking involved with Disney World trips.
To submit your question, email podcast at wdwprepschool.com.
PhotoPass pros/cons and some tips
PhotoPass is Disney’s service where you approach photographers within the parks, they’ll take your picture, scan a PhotoPass card and hand it to you. You can then go online or to a PhotoPass kiosk in the parks and type in that number to order things with your pictures.
Some good reasons to use PhotoPass:
- All family members can appear in the pictures (instead of the photographer in the family always be missing)
- PhotoPass photographers use high quality DSLR cameras which may be better than yours
- The ability to have “magic shots” added to your pictures
- Ride photos can be included if you purchase PhotoPass+
Some reasons you might not want to use PhotoPass:
- It can be hard to locate PhotoPass photographers
- The expense of ordering through Disney (although buying the PhotoCD tends to be the best value)
- If you have a good camera, you might just want to use that. You can hand it to the PhotoPass photographers and they’ll take pictures with your camera.
Some tips for people who want to use PhotoPass:
- Buy the PhotoCD and print your pictures somewhere less expensive. You can save $50 by purchasing these online before your trip using the links below.
- Be sure to order your PhotoPass products within 30 days after your trip
- Take pictures of your PhotoPass cards so you have the number in case you lose your card
- Share a PhotoPass CD with other families – enter all of your PhotoPass card numbers online and order a CD with all of the pictures (you can order multiple copies for a small additional fee)
For more info, please check out my article that has even more info on PhotoPass at https://wdwprepschool.com/how-photopass-works/.
If you plan to have your child(ren) play on the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground at Hollywood Studios, snap a quick pic before they go in so they’ll be easier to find when it’s time to go. Cast Members monitor the entrance and exit but kids can be hard to find. Having a pic to show the Cast Members will make it a quicker process.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.