(Article last updated: November 18, 2014)
Ever wondered how the heck you were going to tour Hollywood Studios and fit in all of the shows?
Today, I’ve got some ideas on how you can do that and a tip for when to show up to all 4 Disney World theme parks.
Touring Hollywood Studios
General Hollywood Studios touring advice:
show up at 8:15 because it normally opens at 8:30 a.m. (update: 8:50-9:00 is now the normal opening time), ride Toy Story Mania, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, Star Tours and then figure out the rest of the day.
Advice on planning the rest of the day to include shows:
- Narrow down the show list. The same people who want to see the toddler shows might not be the same people to see the stunt shows (but they might be!).
- Check WDWent.com for show times to try to plan before your trip.
- Eat a meal while attending an outdoor show to save some time. The outdoor shows include Beauty and the Beast, Lights Motors Action, Indiana Jones and Fantasmic.
Sample touring plan to include all shows (check times before your trip):
- Ride Toy Story Mania
- See Voyage of the Little Mermaid at 9:15 a.m.
- Disney Jr. Live on Stage at 9:40 a.m.
- Kill some time doing non-show things and attend 11:45 a.m. showing of Beauty and the Beast, stopping to get Quick Service food across the street beforehand
- Walk briskly to Indiana Jones show at 12:30 p.m. (spread the shows out more if this schedule is too tight)
- Lights, Motors, Action at 1:20 p.m.
- In the evening, attend the 7:00 American Idol show (the last show of the day which has the winners of the previous shows)
- See Fantasmic at the end of the night (if there are 2 shows scheduled, the last one will be less busy)
You should arrive to all 4 parks before they open. All of the parks open earlier than the posted open time
except Magic Kingdom, but you still want to arrive there early to get in the front of the line. (Updated 11/18/2014: Magic Kingdom now usually opens about 10 minutes early as well.)
It’s best to arrive to all parks by 8:30 or so when they have a 9:00 opening time.
Have a tip or question?
Leave your tip or trip planning question by calling 414-WDW-7900 or email podcast at wdwprepschool.com
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
- All Four Walt Disney World Parks Extend Hours For Last Weekend In September
- Walt Disney World Posts Park Hours For Christmas Week & Extends Even More
- Walt Disney World Extends Park Hours For Two More Weekends In October
- Walt Disney World Posts Park Hours Through Early January 2021
- Disney Springs Extends Hours On Fridays & Saturdays Starting October 9