Disney World has been making too many unpleasant changes and performing crazy tests and it's driving me crazy for people who are traveling in late 2014.
Today, I have some rants about those things as well as some proposed solutions to some of them.
I also have a quick tip of the day on getting Free Dining for 2015.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Issues with Disney World
Preface: many of these are temporary, due to testing and an in-between phase as some rides/entertainment get removed and new stuff gets added. I get that, but feel for the people who are taking a trip right in the middle of it.
Issues at Magic Kingdom
- Be Our Guest only allowing people in if they have a FastPass+ (have a backup plan if you had your heart set on eating there)
- Premium events being offered during parties that are held at Magic Kingdom
Issues at Epcot
- Maelstrom closure
- Removing Off Kilter, Fife and Drum Corps, Mo'Rockin, and World Showcase Players. Though Disney is bringing new entertainment to the World Showcase, the first one to be introduced (this lumberjack act) doesn't appear to be up to Disney World's standards.
Issues at Hollywood Studios
- Closure of Backlot Tour and American Idol Experience (though new things will eventually be opened, having two options taken away in this relatively small park is noticeable)
- FastPass+ only tests at Toy Story Mania - although it was only a temporary test, it could have been handled in a better way. If you've only got 1 day to spend at Hollywood Studios and Disney surprises you with the fact that only FastPass+ holders can ride, that's really disappointing.
- Frozen premium holiday event - $89 to see the sing-along and eat desserts while watching the Osborne Lights does not seem like a good value. Instead, get a FastPass+ for the sing-along and enjoy the lights the last 30 minutes that the park is open while eating a cupcake from Starring Rolls Cafe.
Quick tip of the day
Bounceback offers are promotions that are usually found in folders in Disney World resort rooms (if you don't find one, dial 8844 from your room phone to ask what's available).
They are often good deals that you can take advantage of if you book your next trip while still at Disney World. Currently, the offer is for Free Dining for fall 2015 (get more details on the offer).
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you're used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)