Crystal just returned from her November trip with her daughter who has never eaten in a restaurant due to food allergies.
Hear about their trip that included a stay at Bay Lake Tower, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, and hear how Disney handled her daughter’s food allergies.
I also have a quick tip if you’d like to order from a Table Service menu but don’t have a dining reservation.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Links/notes mentioned in this episode
- Bay Lake Tower
- Renting DVC points
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Up Close with Rhinos Tour
- See Crystal’s trip pics on Instagram
Quick tip of the day
Emailed from Amanda C.:
“Did you know that the Table Service restaurants in the park do carry out?
Nearing the end of a long day in Animal Kingdom towards the end of our trip we found ourselves without an ADR for dinner.
We were tiring of the standard Quick Service fare and not feeling like running across the park for something more unique.
As we were near Yak and Yeti, we popped in hoping to snag a table without a reservation but were told it would have been a 30 minute wait.
Instead, we ordered 2 adult entrees to-go for our family of 4, and after a short 10-minute wait for them to prepare our food, we walked out of the restaurant with our meal.
The open seating of the Yak and Yeti Local market (Quick Service) was right next door and nearly empty, so we were easily able to snag a table and enjoy our meal.
So my tip is to consider ordering carry out at times when you didn’t plan for an ADR.
The cost of the two adult meals was similar to what we would have paid for 2 adult and 2 kid quick service meals and was plenty of food for us all. “
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- 12 Things You Need To Know About Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- Changes Coming To Disney’s BoardWalk Resort, Including New Dining, Lobby, & Rooms
- Story Book Dining & Boatwright’s Dining Hall Both Reopening In December
- Candlelight Processional Narrators & More 2021 Festival Of The Holidays Details Announced
- Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package Announced at Disneyland
- Erin’s Fort Wilderness Trip (w/ accessibility considerations) – PREP 324 - September 27, 2022
- Recapping D23 Expo announcements with Allyson and Shannon – PREP 323 - September 20, 2022
- Planning Special Events at Disney World with Allison Mertzman – PREP 322 - September 13, 2022