I just got back from a 9 day trip to Disney World where I learned lots of new things. I have 5 of those new things for you today.
I also have lots of Star Wars and Christmas news, and a quick tip of the day.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I’ll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
5 things I learned on my trip
- Wilderness Lodge closures and construction are primarily in the areas near the quiet pool. Closures include the quiet pool, the beach, and the trail to Ft. Wilderness. People who want to do recreation rentals can go to The Contemporary. Viewing of the water pageant can be from the boat dock. The boat dock is still open. You can see pics in this FB post.
- Studio rooms at the Polynesian have 2 bathrooms, and Studio rooms have the option to be connected. Booking 2 Studio rooms should be much less expensive than booking larger villas at other resorts. You can see pics of the rooms in this FB post.
- Refillable mugs at Disney World resorts work for 2 weeks, not just the length of your stay.
- Four Seasons Orlando has their own boutique for princess makeovers. See pics of Four Seasons Orlando (including pricing on their makeovers) in this FB post.
- You can pick up a times guide at the Disney Store in Orlando International Airport.
- Jedi Training will reopen in early December as Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple. Along with Darth Vader, kids will also face the new villain from the Star Wars Rebels TV show – Seventh Sister.
- Star Wars Launch Bay opens December 1. The building will feature behind-the-scenes exhibits, merchandise and character meet and greets, including Darth Vader and Chewbacca.
- Star Wars Weekends are going away at Hollywood Studios.
- Christmas party is now going on at WDW, and a new map and schedule info is available.
- Jingle Cruise at Magic Kingdom is now open.
- Christmas tree is up at Magic Kingdom.
- Santa Goofy is now available to meet at Hollywood Studios from 10-5, and 6:30 to close.
Quick tip of the day
The parks stay open later than the published closing time. The published closing time is when restaurants and line queues close, but the shops and photographers will still be out much later.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- New Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Available For Disney+ Subscribers
- 2022 Disney+ Subscriber Holiday Offer Announced For Walt Disney World Resort
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholder 2022 Holiday Room Discount Now Available
- New Early 2023 Disney World Resort Hotel Discount Available For Passholders
- Select Rooms at Caribbean Beach Receiving “Under the Sea” Theme
- Sailing Concierge on the Disney Wish– PREP 348 - March 14, 2023
- Flower and Garden Festival 2023 – PREP 347 - March 7, 2023
- Traveling on the Spectrum – PREP 346 - February 28, 2023
Saturday 14th of November 2015
I was there the same time as you but it was like that movie Sliding Doors, we never seemed to be in the same park! It was HOT! And I have to say I didn't perceive a huge drop in crowds vs my last trip the week before Easter.
Tuesday 22nd of December 2015
We were in WDW last week (got home Saturday) and I agree with you in regards to the weather. I was surprised by how hot it was (85-87 most days and super humid). I expected the crowds since we were going during MVMCP, but it seemed like there were a lot of people also there for Star Wars stuff since the movie was released on Friday. (Maybe that was just my perception, though.)
Thursday 12th of November 2015
Great podcast - thank you :) We went to our first MNSSHP in October and absolutely loved it! Just curious...what made the Christmas Party more enjoyable than the Halloween party? I am intrigued!
Wednesday 11th of November 2015
We were there )ct. 25-30 and it wasn't horrible...but it still seemed pretty busy and crowded to me! ;-) Do you see crowds continuing to rise-no matter what time of year?
Thanks for your website. Your information helped so much and our trip (1st one with our three young children) went SO well! Your site was by far my #1 resource and we were as prepared and organized as we could've been thanks to it!