Several things changed in 2014 in terms of crowd levels, FastPass recommendations, etc., and I also learned some things I never knew before. Today I have a list of 5 different things I’ve learned in 2014.
I also have a quick tip to help you get a few extra perks at some Disney World restaurants.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Submitting questions from kids
In an effort to include kids in more podcasts, I’m taking questions from kids for a Q&A episode. To submit a question, use the button below (or at this link). If you want to leave a message from your phone or iPad, download the SpeakPipe app and then click the button below.
Be sure to have your child include their first name, age and question. Messages need to be less than 3 minutes.
Don’t want to leave a message? Email your child’s first name, age and question to [email protected]
5 things I’ve learned about Disney World in 2014
- Animal Kingdom is almost always a great park to visit, even on Extra Magic Hour days
- Extra Magic Hours can be super useful if you have Park Hopper tickets
- Separate credit cards can be used for room charges on WDW resort rooms
- Fall may now be a busy time to visit based on how crowds were in fall 2014
- Rides that didn’t used to require FastPasses now often do
Quick tip of the day
There are many Landry’s restaurants nationwide and 4 located at Disney World – 2 Rainforest Cafe locations, T-Rex Cafe and Yak and Yeti. If you sign up for Landry’s Select Club, you get extra perks such as a $25 credit during your birthday month, priority seating and 10% off merchandise. It does cost a one-time fee of $25 to join, but you get that amount back in restaurant credit within 24 hours of signing up.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Magical Dining Begins In Orlando, Several WDW Locations Participating
- Olivia’s Cafe At Disney’s Old Key West Resort Adds Mobile Order
- Dining & More Announced To Reopen Alongside Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Kona Cafe At Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Adds Mobile Order
- runDisney Returning To Disney World With In-Person Races Starting Fall 2021