Several things changed in 2014 in terms of crowd levels, FastPass recommendations, etc., and I also learned some things I never knew before. Today I have a list of 5 different things I’ve learned in 2014.
I also have a quick tip to help you get a few extra perks at some Disney World restaurants.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Submitting questions from kids
In an effort to include kids in more podcasts, I’m taking questions from kids for a Q&A episode. To submit a question, use the button below (or at this link). If you want to leave a message from your phone or iPad, download the SpeakPipe app and then click the button below.
Be sure to have your child include their first name, age and question. Messages need to be less than 3 minutes.
Don’t want to leave a message? Email your child’s first name, age and question to [email protected]
5 things I’ve learned about Disney World in 2014
- Animal Kingdom is almost always a great park to visit, even on Extra Magic Hour days
- Extra Magic Hours can be super useful if you have Park Hopper tickets
- Separate credit cards can be used for room charges on WDW resort rooms
- Fall may now be a busy time to visit based on how crowds were in fall 2014
- Rides that didn’t used to require FastPasses now often do
Quick tip of the day
There are many Landry’s restaurants nationwide and 4 located at Disney World – 2 Rainforest Cafe locations, T-Rex Cafe and Yak and Yeti. If you sign up for Landry’s Select Club, you get extra perks such as a $25 credit during your birthday month, priority seating and 10% off merchandise. It does cost a one-time fee of $25 to join, but you get that amount back in restaurant credit within 24 hours of signing up.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- 2023 Extra Onboard Disney Cruise Line Credit Offer From Small World Vacations
- New Disney+ Subscriber Offer Announced For Disney Cruise Line
- Minnie Vans Returning To Disney World In Summer 2022
- Harmony Barber Shop Reopening In July At Magic Kingdom
- Minnie Van Service to Orlando International Airport Is Resuming For Club Level Guests
- Sailing Concierge on the Disney Wish– PREP 348 - March 14, 2023
- Flower and Garden Festival 2023 – PREP 347 - March 7, 2023
- Traveling on the Spectrum – PREP 346 - February 28, 2023
Tuesday 13th of January 2015
Just listened to my first ever podcast and was very happy to hear the things you had to say. I have not visited Disney since my children where children. I now have grandchildren and am planning a visit to DW in late March However, after listening to this podcast I am wondering if I should change to earlier March or even late Feb. to avoid any spring break crowds? I also was wondering if you have any podcasts or info on this site as to any of the newer rides, shows, events, etc. as my last trip was over 20 years ago when Animal kingdom first opened. We LOVED it so very much and was happy to hear you recommend it. I can't wait to see my grandchildren's faces when we go there. Love this site and your podcasts! Thank you!
Monday 29th of December 2014
Would love your thoughts on late April 2015 as well as Fall 2015. They are already extending hours for the two weeks after Easter, and it's making me nervous. I thought that might be a good time to visit with moderate crowds and before the May humidity sets in.
Sunday 28th of December 2014
Agree with your tip onLandrys. We've received over $100 in discounts since making our $25 investment 2 years ago. And there are lots of other Landrys restaurants across the south and west, if you want to use it at non-Disney locations. We love moving to the front of the wait line, another program benefit.
Sunday 28th of December 2014
when will you be revising your 2015 crowd calendar? I'm excited to see if i need to change my dates for this fall or leave the same. Where reserved for first part of Nov. and of course my daughter wants to see all the christmas decor but i am so not a fan of crowds. Thanks for all you do!