In some good news, Walt Disney World watercraft service known as Friendship Boats will resume service on Nov. 1, 2020.
The boats travel between Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, in addition to several WDW resort hotels. The boats will serve the following hotels that are currently open:
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Walt Disney World Swan Hotel
- Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel
Boat service to and from Disney Springs still remains unavailable.
Usually, guests at Disney’s Old Key West Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa, Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — Riverside, and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort — French Quarter can grab a boat to the shopping and dining complex. The latter two resorts are currently closed.
Transportation has changed quite a bit across WDW since the resort first reopened in July, including implementing several health and safety measures.
In addition to guests being required to wear masks, boats, buses, the Monorail, the Disney Skyliner, and Disney’s Magical Express all have limited capacity to ensure a safe physical distance.
We have a complete guide on what WDW transportation is like right now, so be sure to check that out.
- Water Taxi Transportation Resumes Service At Polynesian
- BoardWalk Inn Will Finally Reopen In Early July 2021
- Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Suites Are Now Available To Book
- New Summer 2021 Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Now Available
- Disney’s Magical Express & Extra Magic Hours Ending At Walt Disney World