On March 11, Disney announced some new changes are coming to Disney’s BoardWalk Resort over the next few years.
These updates include the addition of new dining, an update to the lobby, changes to guest rooms, and other touches.
First, a new Table Service restaurant and bakery called The Cake Bake Shop by Gwendolyn Rogers is slated to open in 2023.
It will offer both savory and dessert menus, along with afternoon tea service. In more important news, The Cake Bake Shop will also replace the ESPN Club, which has remained closed during the pandemic. It will not reopen.
In other dining news, BoardWalk Bakery will become a new sandwich shop and there will also be a new coffee bar just off the lobby.
The coffee bar will feature artisanal beverages and quick bites, which guests can take to-go or enjoy in “newly refreshed seating spaces inside or outdoors.”
If that isn’t enough, the lobby, lounge, and guest rooms will also see some updates.
As stated by Disney, “Light and airy touches will reinvigorate the lobby, lounge and guest rooms, carrying the seaside breeze right inside.”
Those are all of the details we know right now. We’ll be sure to keep you in the loop as more information is announced.
- Select Rooms at Caribbean Beach Receiving “Under the Sea” Theme
- Pixar Changes Coming To Paradise Pier, More Downtown Disney Updates
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Disney Cancels Brightline Rail Station at Disney Springs
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian
- TRON Lightcycle / Run Will Have a Virtual Queue, an Individual Lightning Lane, and a Locker System - January 27, 2023
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Opening March 23 at Hollywood Studios - January 25, 2023
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Dates Announced - January 18, 2023