Walt Disney World has announced that Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort will reopen on July 19, 2021. The resort is also currently accepting bookings.
Only the Disney Vacation Club side of the resort, Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows, have been open for awhile now.
But, now, the iconic Polynesian will finally reopen its doors to guests once again following a lengthy refurbishment.
Upon reopening, the most important detail to note is that Monorail service to and from the resort will continue to remain temporary unavailable. Disney has not stated when Monorail service will resume at the resort.
The front entrance to the Great Ceremonial House will also reopen at a later date, but guests will instead be able to use a side entrance.
On the other hand, a new porte cochere will debut upon reopening “showcasing the iconic mid-20th century architecture the Polynesian is famous for.”
Guest should also note that the temporary front desk area at Pago Pago will close, with the front desk and concierge services moving back to the Great Ceremonial House.
Disney’s Magical Express and valet will be available under the new porte cochere.
This also means beginning July 19, guests will finally be able to stay in the newly refurbished Moana-themed rooms (as shown above).
If you’re interested in booking a stay at the Polynesian, Small World Vacations can assist you with all your Disney vacation planning needs.
- Walt Disney World Announces Reopening Dates For Club Level Lounges
- Disney Shares First Look At Reimagined ‘Moana’ Guest Rooms At Polynesian
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Is No Longer Reopening In December 2021
- BoardWalk Inn Will Finally Reopen In Early July 2021
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort Set To Finally Reopen In March 2022
- 2022 Garden Rocks Concert Series Lineup Announced For Flower & Garden - January 12, 2022
- Disney World Announces 2022 Disney Weekday Magic Ticket For Florida Residents - January 10, 2022
- 2022 Epcot International Festival of the Arts Menus Are Here - January 7, 2022