Predicting times to visit Disney World isn’t as easy as it used to be. In this episode, I discuss the thought process behind how we put together a crowd calendar.
I also have news and a quick tip to help you maximize your FastPass+ reservations.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Picking dates for your Disney World trip
In this episode, I discuss how we put together the 2016-2017 crowd calendar.
- This Sunday, April 10, the My Disney Experience app will be updating to allow people to make bonus FastPass+ reservations within the app after the first 3 FP+ are used or expired. Be sure to update your app so you can use that functionality during your trip.
- Another FastPass+ change is that people making their FastPass+ reservations before their trip will be able to choose times more easily than previously allowed. Instead of the app/site suggesting times, you’ll be able to choose them upfront.
- Joy and Sadness are now meeting at Epcot in the new Character Spot location where Baymax is also located. There isn’t a FastPass+ to meet them and lines have been long. I suspect the lines will remain long until the new attractions open at Epcot, so plan to see them at park opening if you want to do it without too much of a wait.
- Rivers of Light, the new nighttime show coming to Animal Kingdom, was supposed to open on April 22 but the opening has been delayed. Disney said they’ll provide an update in mid or late May.
- FastPass+ for Anna/Elsa and Rapunzel/Cinderella at Magic Kingdom are not available for June right now. That’s likely due to the fact that Anna/Elsa will be moving to Epcot and they are still working out the logistics of that.
Quick tip of the day
As soon as you check in for your third FastPass+ reservation, open the My Disney Experience app and get a 4th.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)