Epcot's undergoing lots of changes, including the addition of some new attractions. We'll talk about those today, and how touring Epcot could be affected.
We'll also discuss recent news and a quick tip to help you get the dining reservation times you want.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Changes coming to Epcot
These things are coming to Epcot soon:
- Joy and Sadness are coming to Epcot on April 3. They'll be in the new Character Spot location which doesn't currently have a FastPass+ option.
- Finding Dory characters will be part of Turtle Talk with Crush.
- Soarin' Around the World will be opening in summer 2016 with a new film and additional theater.
- Frozen Ever After and the new Anna/Elsa meet-and-greet area will be opening in the Norway section in summer 2016. Though the World Showcase mostly opens at 11 a.m., these will likely open at 9 a.m.
We'll have to see what the ride tiers end up being, but generally you'll want to ride a popular ride at rope drop, and then ride other popular rides later using FastPass+. Starting at Frozen Ever After and working around Future World might make the most sense.
- Anna/Elsa FastPass+ not available in June.
- Extra Magic Hours and park hours often change. Check the app during your trip.
- Railroad at Magic Kingdom will be closed April 11-22, 2016.
- Stitch has replaced Marie for a meet and greet at Magic Kingdom.
- Writer’s Stop at Hollywood Studios undergoing changes, including maybe becoming a Sci Fi Dine in Lounge. The carrot cake cookie can still be found at Sweet Spells, near Starring Rolls Cafe.
Quick tip of the day
To increase your chances of getting the dining reservation times you want, select a time and not a meal when making your reservation. If staying onsite and unable to book for whole trip, log out and back in. If that doesn’t work, call.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you're used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)