On Thursday, July 1, Disney announced that a new scene is being added to Mickey’s PhilharMagic at Magic Kingdom, Disney California Adventure, and Disneyland Paris.
The scene is dedicated to Pixar’s Coco. It looks and sounds like the imagery will add even more color and fun to the 3D show.
According to Disney, the animated Coco scene will center around an “Un Poco Loco” musical number.
The new scene will debut at both Disney California Adventure and Disneyland Paris on July 17. Sometime later this year during the 50th anniversary, Mickey’s PhilharMagic at Magic Kingdom will receive the Coco update.
What makes this addition so special is that, as noted by Disney, this “marks the first time Disney and Pixar animators have worked on a creative endeavor where characters from both animation studios will be seen together on screen.”
Better yet, one of Coco’s original composers, Germaine Franco, will produce a Coco score for Mickey’s PhilharMagic.
This is the only change announced for the show, meaning the other musical numbers will remain the same.
If you’ve never seen Mickey’s PhilharMagic, it follows Donald trying to follow in Mickey’s footsteps by conducting a concert when he enters a 3D world of classic Disney animated musical sequences from Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Peter Pan, and more.
- New Magic Kingdom Cavalcade & More Disney World Entertainment Announced
- Select Character Dining Is Returning To Disneyland In Summer 2021
- Oogie Boogie Bash & More Halloween Fun Returning To Disneyland In Fall 2021
- Epcot’s Harmonious & New Magic Kingdom Nighttime Show Debuting For The 50th
- Fantasmic Returning & More Announced At Destination D23 2021