Today I have info on my ideal Epcot day, including how to tour and where to eat.
I also have a quick tip on the best way to book one type of dining reservation and recent news.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your quick tip of the day
To prepare for the 100th episode, I’d love to have you call in your own quick tip of the day at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
My ideal Epcot day
- Start by arriving about 40 minutes before the park opens. Epcot often opens 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Spend the first hour going to Test Track, Sum of All Thrills, and Mission: Space. Then spend the next hour touring The Seas (including Turtle Talk with Crush) and then The Land. See my Epcot touring plans for details.
- Use a FastPass+ for Soarin’ and have lunch at Sunshine Season (located in The Land) or a good Quick Service in the World Showcase like the Yorkshire County Fish Shop. See the pros and cons of all Epcot restaurants for more info.
- After lunch, I like to do Figment, Club Cool, Ellen’s Energy Adventure, and use FP+ for Spaceship Earth.
- I like to do the World Showcase in the evening since it’s so hot in the afternoon, but people who want to visit the characters and see the World Showcase entertainment will need to visit in the afternoon. Check wdwent.com for times.
- There are lots of great Table Service restaurants in the World Showcase that make good dinner spots. My personal favorites are Biergarten, Le Cellier, Marrakesh, and Rose & Crown Pub.
- End the day with Illuminations. See my viewing tips for the best place to position yourself for these.
- A new Frozen-themed Boutique is coming to Hollywood Studios. See this Disney Parks Blog post for more (be sure to check the comment section for info on the Olaf option).
- There appears to be a new holiday dining option coming to Hollywood and Vine. It hasn’t been announced by Disney but has randomly appeared in the My Disney Experience app at times. It will apparently be called Minnie’s Holiday & Dine Dinner and will have a Fantasmic Dinner Package option as well. According to a couple of sources I’ve consulted, this meal will be available from November 7 – January 3 and feature Minnie, Mickey, Donald and Santa Goofy. The official announcement should come soon and reservations will open up shortly after.
Quick tip of the day
If you are planning to book a meal that requires pre-payment (Cinderella’s Royal Table, Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, Mickey’s Backyard BBQ, and Spirit of Aloha), use the website to book online. If you use the app, you’ll likely be prompted to call instead.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Opening Memorial Day Weekend
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure At Epcot Dropping Virtual Queue In January
- New Disney World Resort Offer Available For Disney Visa Cardmembers
- Don’t Miss Small World Vacations’ New Year’s 2022 Walt Disney World Offer
- The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Returns March 2022
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Strategy– PREP 331 - November 15, 2022
- Anniversary & First Trip to WDW – PREP 330 - November 8, 2022
- Disney Cast Members Create Thriving Businesses During the Pandemic – PREP 329 - November 1, 2022