I get very passionate when giving advice on trip planning and today I have some background on my philosophies on trip planning, along with some stories on why I feel that way.
I also have a quick tip of the day on an alternative to taxis on Disney World trips.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
4 of my trip planning philosophies
Do as much as time and money will allow based on your child(ren)’s interests
As I explained in a Facebook post, I’m passionate about people doing things while their kids are young because we weren’t able to do that with our daughter.
Make a plan, but stay flexible
One of the reasons my touring plans for all 4 parks are only for the first part of the day is that I think you should leave plenty of time to be flexible on your trip.
It’s also why I group the first few hours of the day by hour: so you can have a good general plan but won’t feel too rigid.
Remember that the goal is to make memories, not to do everything
You can never do everything on a trip, so be sure to pare it down to the important stuff that will allow you to have fun and make memories together.
Involve children in the planning process
You can do that by watching videos of the rides (I have videos for every ride in my park guides), read Birnbaum’s for Kids books, or watch TV shows about the parks on channels like Destination America.
Quick tip of the day
Consider using Uber as an alternative to a taxi on your trip. I’d recommend downloading the app and setting up your credit card beforehand. Keep in mind that Uber isn’t allowed at the Orlando airport.
You can get a free ride (up to a $20 value) using code “shannona9” or redeem at this link.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Minnie Vans Returning To Disney World In Summer 2022
- Minnie Vans Return To Disney World On June 29
- New Car Locator Feature Coming to My Disney Experience & Disneyland Apps
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- Disney World Introducing Park-Specific Ticket Pricing, Annual Pass Prices Increasing
- Kat from Australia is Back with Exciting News– PREP 332 - November 22, 2022
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Strategy– PREP 331 - November 15, 2022
- Anniversary & First Trip to WDW – PREP 330 - November 8, 2022