In this episode, I discuss my best planning advice that I hope everyone will use for their trips, including ways to handle dining, FastPass+ reservations, and touring the parks during your trip.
I also have news, a quick tip about parades, and a featured company that I hope you’ll work with.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your non-Disney World questions
If you have a non-Disney World question about websites, podcasts, business, personal stuff, etc., please leave me a SpeakPipe message and I’ll put them together for a show at the end of the year. You can do that by downloading the SpeakPipe app or using your computer at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Best planning advice
Some tips I hope everybody will follow for their trips:
- Book your most difficult dining and FastPass+ reservations first. Don’t book in chronological order.
- The most difficult FastPass+ reservations to get are Anna/Elsa and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Often, the only people getting these (especially Anna/Elsa) are those staying onsite who jump to the end of their trip first. Everybody else should watch The Dibb for openings.
- Plan dining based on where you’ll be (unless you booked with very little time, and then I’d suggest choosing dining based on current availability and forming your daily plan around that).
- If you show up to use a FastPass+ and the standby line is short, jump in the standby line and then open the app on your phone to change it to something else.
- Group touring plans by hour for the first few hours and then leave the rest of the day open. That’s how my touring plans are structured, and seems to work the best for most people.
- Happy HalloWishes Dessert Premium Package is available on Halloween party nights and gives you parade viewing and a Halloween-themed fireworks dessert party. The price is $69 for adults, $39 for kids and can be booked online or by calling 407-939-3463.
- Some Table Service restaurants are now scheduled to be open on Halloween party nights, giving some people a great opportunity to snag a reservation they weren’t previously able to get.
- The current bounceback offer (which anybody staying onsite can get by dialing x8844) is for Free Dining for next year and seems to be available through October 31.
- Some credible rumors indicate that Frozen Fun will likely be extended and One Man’s Dream is relocating to another spot at Disney World.
Quick tip of the day
Magic Kingdom parades don’t usually require lining up way ahead of time, though Main Street will have lots of people waiting way beforehand most of the time. I suggest watching from the front of the park or in Frontierland and not showing up quite as early. All parades start in Frontierland and end at the front of the park, except Main Street Electrical Parade which goes the opposite direction.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- 2022 Candlelight Processional Celebrity Narrators & Dining Packages Announced
- Walt Disney World Closing Theme Parks Due To Tropical Storm Nicole
- Walt’s Main Street Story & Holiday Guided Tour Returning to Disneyland Resort
- 2023 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Dates Announced
- Disney Dining Plan returns January 2024 (plus park reservations ending for date-based tickets)
- Erin C.’s trip with two little ones to Disney World– PREP 358 - May 23, 2023
- What is the best way to get from MCO to WDW? - May 16, 2023
- Competing at The Summit and a Disney World vacation with Misty O – PREP 357 - May 16, 2023
Monday 30th of May 2016
Tried to look on the dibb and just so you know it states it can't find FP+ anymore so the link is no good.
Tuesday 25th of August 2015
Considering the fall bounce back offer for the Free Dining promotion, do you think they will still announce the Free Dining promotion (like they typically do) again in Spring 2016? I am staying on resort this September and am very tempted to take advantage of the 2016 offer if it gives me first dibs on the rooms with lower rates.
Tuesday 25th of August 2015
Do you have any idea where One Man's Dream will be moved to?