I recently had a chat with Kenny of KennythePirate.com and he shared lots of great info.
Kenny talks about how he became the character expert, his thoughts on FastPass+ and his top 5 favorite character experiences at Disney World.
I also have a quick tip about online check-in at Disney World resorts.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Interview with Kenny the Pirate
- Kenny’s app can be found at CharacterLocator.com
- Graphs and wait time data
- Recommended FastPass+ for characters: Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall in Magic Kingdom (Cinderella is easier to meet other places), Ariel (meet her early or use FastPass+), unique character options exclusive to FastPass+ that will be coming in 2014 (Winnie the Pooh and Tigger in Epcot, Minnie at Hollywood Studios, Character Landing at Animal Kingdom)
- Kenny recommends not using a FastPass for Character Spot at Epcot
- Kenny’s character interaction ideas
Kenny’s top 5 favorite character experiences:
- 5. Chip and Dale – fun to interact with anywhere you can find them as they compete with each other
- 4. Citizens of Hollywood at Hollywood Studios
- 3. Tremain family – not listed in any Disney publication, exact times available through CharacterLocator.com, usually only available in the morning
- 2. Gaston at New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom
- 1. Scoop Sanderson on Main St. at Magic Kingdom
Quick tip of the day
Lots of people ask if they should use online check-in when staying at Disney Resorts. This is an option 60 days before your trip begins. I recommend doing it to save time at check-in unless you want to ask for a room upgrade.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Are characters a big part of your trip? Which ones are you planning to see? I’d love to hear your thoughts in the comments.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023
- Disney cruise from England to Norwegian Fjords – PREP 374 - September 12, 2023
- Alise’s quick mother-daughter trip to Disney World – PREP 373 - September 5, 2023