I recently had a chat with Kenny of KennythePirate.com and he shared lots of great info.
Kenny talks about how he became the character expert, his thoughts on FastPass+ and his top 5 favorite character experiences at Disney World.
I also have a quick tip about online check-in at Disney World resorts.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Interview with Kenny the Pirate
- Kenny's app can be found at CharacterLocator.com
- Graphs and wait time data
- Recommended FastPass+ for characters: Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall in Magic Kingdom (Cinderella is easier to meet other places), Ariel (meet her early or use FastPass+), unique character options exclusive to FastPass+ that will be coming in 2014 (Winnie the Pooh and Tigger in Epcot, Minnie at Hollywood Studios, Character Landing at Animal Kingdom)
- Kenny recommends not using a FastPass for Character Spot at Epcot
- Kenny's character interaction ideas
Kenny's top 5 favorite character experiences:
- 5. Chip and Dale - fun to interact with anywhere you can find them as they compete with each other
- 4. Citizens of Hollywood at Hollywood Studios
- 3. Tremain family - not listed in any Disney publication, exact times available through CharacterLocator.com, usually only available in the morning
- 2. Gaston at New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom
- 1. Scoop Sanderson on Main St. at Magic Kingdom
Quick tip of the day
Lots of people ask if they should use online check-in when staying at Disney Resorts. This is an option 60 days before your trip begins. I recommend doing it to save time at check-in unless you want to ask for a room upgrade.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Are characters a big part of your trip? Which ones are you planning to see? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments.