People were definitely very excited when MagicBand+ came out, but the reality hasn’t been quite as fun as anticipated.
Here are some things to consider when deciding whether to get MagicBand+.
MagicBand+ vs the old MagicBand 2.0 bands
MagicBand+ has more features over the previous MagicBand 2.0 bands, including being rechargeable and interacting with various features in the parks like nighttime shows, statues, and several elements in Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios.
However, it also comes with a much higher price tag and is physically much bigger and watch-like than MagicBand 2.0.
Given the cost and features, we don’t really think it’s worth it for most people. However, it might be for some groups.
Who should buy MagicBand+
There are some people who might consider buying MagicBand+:
- people traveling to both Walt Disney World and Disneyland – MB+ can be used on both coasts, while the old MagicBands can only be used at Walt Disney World
- guests who just want to try something new – you might consider getting 1 MB+ band for your group to see the features
- Star Wars fans who will get a lot of use out of the interactive Galaxy’s Edge functionality
Where to buy MagicBands?
Having said that, Disney works really hard to get you to buy MagicBand+ so most of the bands available on shopDisney and in the parks/resorts are MagicBand+. If you decide to get the previous MagicBand 2.0 style, there are limited options available online and they can be found at most resort gift shops at Walt Disney World.
Need more info? Check out our complete guide to MagicBand+.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Maximizing the Disney Dining Plan in 2024 – PREP 397 - February 20, 2024
- Best snacks on the Disney Dining Plan (most expensive by park) - February 19, 2024
- 12-year-old Annabel’s big family Universal/Disney World trip – PREP 396 - February 13, 2024