As Disney World has updated their resort rooms, they’ve made an update that many of us aren’t big fans of: removing mini-refrigerators and replacing them with beverage coolers.
Here’s some info and tips on navigating this for your trip.
Beverage coolers vs. mini fridge – what’s the difference?
Let’s start with comparing these 2 so you can see why it might matter.
Mini-refrigerators typically maintain temperatures under 40 degrees which is ideal for safe storage of things like milk, cheese, and yogurt. They usually also have a small freezer section and are deeper so can fit more inside.
Beverage coolers are usually smaller and have temps in the 40s – great for beverages and keeping things cool, but not a safe storage temp for many food items.
What to do if you need refrigerator temps
You have a few options if you find yourself needing refrigerator temps for storage.
- Get ice from the resort ice machine and keep your items cold that way
- Take items to bell services at the resort – they have their own freezers and refrigerators which might be a great option, especially when storing medicine or other important items
- Request a mini-refrigetator – there are a limited number of these available so don’t count on having 1 when making a request
- Book a room with a refrigerator – any room type that is a suite or villa will have a mini or full-sized refrigerator. That includes the suites at Art of Animation and All-Star Music, as well as any Villa property.
Trying to decide which resort to stay at? Be sure to check out the pros/cons of all Disney World resorts to help you in planning.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023
- Disney cruise from England to Norwegian Fjords – PREP 374 - September 12, 2023
- Alise’s quick mother-daughter trip to Disney World – PREP 373 - September 5, 2023