Early morning and pre-park opening breakfasts are a popular option for many families visiting Disney World.
But, if you don’t have a car you may be wondering how you’ll get there.
No worries – Disney has you covered.
Here’s all your transportation options for getting at an early morning breakfast at Disney World.
Free options for getting there
Although Disney will often tell you that transportation begins 1 hour before the parks open, there are options for people with early dining reservations.
Here’s what’s available for early morning dining at Disney World:
- Buses for the Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom resort area start running at 6:30 a.m. daily
- Buses for Animal Kingdom and Animal Kingdom Lodge start running at 7-7:15 a.m. daily
- Buses for the Hollywood Studios and the Epcot-area resorts will start running at 7-7:15 a.m. daily
- Buses for Epcot start running at 7-7:15 a.m. daily
- The ferry from the Ticket and Transportation Center (TTC) to Magic Kingdom begins running 1 hour before Magic Kingdom opens
- The express monorail (that goes from the TTC to MK) begins 30 minutes before MK opens
- The resort monorail (which will go from TTC to The Polynesian to The Grand Floridian and then to MK) begins at 7 a.m.
- The Epcot monorail usually begins operating at 8 a.m.
- The boats that service the Epcot-area resorts and go to Epcot and Hollywood Studios start running at 8:30 a.m. daily
Want more transportation information? Be sure to read our guide on how to navigate with Disney World transportation.
Want to get to an early morning breakfast at Disney World even faster?
For guests looking to make it to breakfast with a little bit less stress and a far shorter commute time, you have a few options:
Ride Sharing services like Lyft and Uber are a fantastic way to travel around Disney World – especially if you are going between resorts.
Taxi (moderately priced)
You also have the option for traditional taxi services, although they do tend to run slightly more than the ride sharing options.
This will be your most expensive option, however, Minnie Vans are driven by Cast Members and all of them come with child seats/booster seats which can make getting around with little ones a lot easier.
Why is an early morning breakfast at Disney World so popular?
Early morning breakfasts have a lot of appeal for people visiting Walt Disney World, but why?
First of all – there are a couple more character meals during breakfast than other times of the day.
Character meals are wildly popular with Disney World guests and breakfast character meals tend to be the least expensive, so it just makes sense that you’ll find a lot of families booking them.
Second of all, pre-park opening Advanced Dining Reservations inside the parks are a great way to get a head start at park touring, and people “in the know” snag those reservations in order to put themselves in a good position to get to the most popular attractions in the parks.
Whatever the reason, though, you can rest assured that there will be several different options of ways to get there.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Minnie’s Beach Bash Breakfast at Cape May Cafe review: is it worth it? - September 21, 2023
- Topolino’s Terrace character breakfast review: is it worth it? - September 21, 2023
- Things that don’t exist at Disney World anymore - September 13, 2023