Today I want to talk about doing Disney World with people who don’t want to ride many rides, whether they happen to be children or adults.
I also discuss recent Disney World news items and have a quick tip about shaving some time off the process of making dining reservations.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Feedback on this article convinced me to buy Skecher’s Go Walk shoes
How to handle non-riders
For little ones who don’t want to ride, be sure to take advantage of Rider Switch.
For non-riding adults, I recommend making plans to do things nearby. Here are some suggestions:
- Space Mountain alternatives – Tomorrowland Transit Authority (PeopleMover), Carousel of Progress
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train alternatives – PhilharMagic, any of the gentle rides in Fantasyland
- Big Thunder and Splash alternatives – ride the train around the park, Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents
- Soarin’ alternative – Living with the Land
- Test Track and Mission: Space alternatives – Innoventions East exhibits, Ellen’s Energy Adventure (takes 45 minutes)
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror alternatives – Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, other shows
- Star Tours alternative – MuppetVision, Indiana Jones show
- Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids alternatives – Flights of Wonder, Maharajah Jungle Trek
- Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl alternatives – Finding Nemo show
- Star Wars Weekends celebrities have been announced.
- Frozen-themed treats are being offered for a limited time beginning on April 8
- A 4th FastPass+ reservation was recently offered to people for a couple of days. It’s not clear if this was something offered due to larger crowds, or if it’s a test and something that might be offered permanently in the future.
Quick tip of the day
A reader named Robert suggests bookmarking dining reservations in your browser to save some time when your dining reservations open up. Just a reminder that you should always make dining reservations in order of difficulty, not chronologically.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Briana’s large family trip to Disney World – PREP 385 - November 28, 2023
- Disney World birthday trip with Savannah and her mom – PREP 384 - November 21, 2023
- All About Drawn to Life in Disney Springs - November 15, 2023