Today I want to talk about doing Disney World with people who don’t want to ride many rides, whether they happen to be children or adults.
I also discuss recent Disney World news items and have a quick tip about shaving some time off the process of making dining reservations.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Feedback on this article convinced me to buy Skecher’s Go Walk shoes
How to handle non-riders
For little ones who don’t want to ride, be sure to take advantage of Rider Switch.
For non-riding adults, I recommend making plans to do things nearby. Here are some suggestions:
- Space Mountain alternatives – Tomorrowland Transit Authority (PeopleMover), Carousel of Progress
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train alternatives – PhilharMagic, any of the gentle rides in Fantasyland
- Big Thunder and Splash alternatives – ride the train around the park, Country Bear Jamboree, Hall of Presidents
- Soarin’ alternative – Living with the Land
- Test Track and Mission: Space alternatives – Innoventions East exhibits, Ellen’s Energy Adventure (takes 45 minutes)
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror alternatives – Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage, other shows
- Star Tours alternative – MuppetVision, Indiana Jones show
- Expedition Everest and Kali River Rapids alternatives – Flights of Wonder, Maharajah Jungle Trek
- Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl alternatives – Finding Nemo show
- Star Wars Weekends celebrities have been announced.
- Frozen-themed treats are being offered for a limited time beginning on April 8
- A 4th FastPass+ reservation was recently offered to people for a couple of days. It’s not clear if this was something offered due to larger crowds, or if it’s a test and something that might be offered permanently in the future.
Quick tip of the day
A reader named Robert suggests bookmarking dining reservations in your browser to save some time when your dining reservations open up. Just a reminder that you should always make dining reservations in order of difficulty, not chronologically.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue Returning in June at Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World Closing Theme Parks Due To Tropical Storm Nicole
- Fantasmic Returns to Hollywood Studios November 3
- Select Individual Lightning Lane Attractions Moving To Genie+ At Disney World For Limited Time
- Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package Announced at Disneyland
- Kat from Australia is Back with Exciting News– PREP 332 - November 22, 2022
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Strategy– PREP 331 - November 15, 2022
- Anniversary & First Trip to WDW – PREP 330 - November 8, 2022