FuelRods are external batteries that are available in many places, including all over Disney World, and conveniently allow you to buy them once and exchange them for free whenever you find a machine.
Well, at least that’s what they told us all when we bought them before they changed their mind and wanted to charge per swap.
However, there is a way to get grandfathered in so you can continue to get unlimited free swaps.
1.) People who purchased FuelRods before October 26, 2019, need to go to the Founders Questionnaire on the FuelRod site to get the process started.
2.) If you’re like us, you don’t have a receipt and you didn’t provide an email address when purchasing your FuelRod so you’ll want to answer “no” to the first question and “yes” to the second.
3.) Hit submit and answer as many questions as you can on the next screen, including uploading a pic of your FuelRod. Make sure your purchase date is prior to October 26, 2019.
4.) Hit submit and you’ll be prompted to download the FuelRod app on the next screen. Click Done to finish up the process.
5.) Download the app as prompted and be sure to create an account using the same email address you listed to be notified at about your FuelRod Founder status.
6.) Within a short time (we got notified within the hour), you should receive an email saying you’re approved. When you go into the app, you can click the menu in the upper right, choose My Profile, and you should now see that your Membership Level is listed as Founder now.
From now on, you should be able to use the app to make your FuelRod swaps while at Disney World or anywhere else FuelRods are sold.
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- Fantasmic Returns to Hollywood Studios November 3
- New Car Locator Feature Coming to My Disney Experience & Disneyland Apps
- Minnie Van Service to Orlando International Airport Is Resuming For Club Level Guests
- Minnie Vans Return To Disney World On June 29
- Things to do outside the park– PREP 349 - March 21, 2023
- Sailing Concierge on the Disney Wish– PREP 348 - March 14, 2023
- Flower and Garden Festival 2023 – PREP 347 - March 7, 2023
Friday 31st of July 2020
Thank you very much for this post. I just did ours.