People often cite FastPass+ reservations as the most stressful part of planning, so today I want to discuss what you need to know that will hopefully help you feel less stressed.
I also have a quick tip that will let you visit some attractions before the parks open as a bonus to a dining reservation.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a first-timer trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Skilled at audio production? I’m looking for a new intro and outro for the podcast. Email your idea to me at [email protected]. If chosen, I’ll send you a $100 Disney gift card.
General touring advice
- Show up at least 45 minutes before park opening
- Follow a touring plan until lunch time, and visit popular attractions either within the first hour or later in the day with FP+
- After lunch, do “anytime” attractions, use FP+, take breaks
General FP+ info
- Onsite guests can make all FP+ 60 days before their trip begins beginning at 7am eastern
- Offsite guests can make FP+ 30 days before each day of their trip beginning at 7am eastern
- Most FP+ give you a 1 hour window (except for shows which will be shorter)
- Show up anytime within that time frame (can usually be 5 minutes early and 15 minutes late)
- Can’t overlap FP+
- Can make 3 FP+ ahead of time for 1 park. Once those 3 are used, you can get a 4th in any park, then a 5th, etc.
On-site guests booking 60 days ahead
- Log out, log back in to make sure the site will show you the full trip dates
- Can use multiple devices at once
- Make FP+ in order of difficulty, not chronologically
- Only really need to worry about Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Frozen Ever After, and the 2 new Pandora attractions (Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey)
- End of your trip will give you better odds
- After making difficult FP+ reservations, go back and add in other FP+
Everybody else (offsite guests and onsite guests who are not booking 60 days in advance)
- Will have a hard time booking Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Frozen Ever After, and the 2 new Pandora attractions (Flight of Passage and Na’vi River Journey)
- Either plan on doing those at rope drop OR keep checking constantly for openings
Quick tip of the day
Many pre-park opening breakfast reservations will allow you to visit an attraction before the park opens. Check this list for where and when that often happens.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Briana’s large family trip to Disney World – PREP 385 - November 28, 2023
- Disney World birthday trip with Savannah and her mom – PREP 384 - November 21, 2023
- All About Drawn to Life in Disney Springs - November 15, 2023