The #1 request I get is for info on things to do at Disney World for adults. I’m in the middle of planning my own adults-only trip and I’ve got some ideas for you on when to go, where to stay and things to do during an adults-only Disney World trip.
I also have a tip on when to book your trip and how to apply discounts to your reservation.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
6 steps for planning an adult trip
Following my 6 step planning process, here are my ideas for planning a trip for adults.
Step 1: When to go
I suggest late April/early May or September/October for a trip. The crowds are light, the temps are warm enough to enjoy the swimming pool and there are special events happening at Epcot during those times. For more info on when to go, see my chart.
Step 2: Where to stay
I have a few ideas for where to stay on-site for adults.
- The Boardwalk area – The Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, Swan and Dolphin are all located within the Boardwalk area and walking distance to Epcot
- Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter are both beautiful resorts with boats that go to Downtown Disney
- Animal Kingdom Lodge is a gorgeous resort and a good option for people who like to get away from the hustle and bustle
Step 3: Make your daily plan
When making your daily plan and deciding how to divide up your time, I suggest spending more time at Epcot, Downtown Disney, on the Boardwalk, playing a round of mini golf and fitting in a tour (such as the Backstage Safari Tour, Segway tour at Ft. Wilderness or 1 of the holiday tours).
Step 4: Pick your dining options
Consider choosing 1 of the finer dining options such as Victoria and Albert’s, California Grill, Artist Point, Jiko, Flying Fish or Yachtsman Steakhouse.
Step 5: Plan park touring
My general touring plans should work for most adults as they include all of the highlights of all of the parks, including the thrillers.
Step 6: Add extra magic
Consider adding some extra touches such as having Disney Florist deliver flowers to the room (or decorate the room) or book a fireworks cruise to view Wishes or Illuminations.
Quick tip of the day
You can book your Disney World trip way before discounts are announced. People using a Disney agent (if you submit a request through this site, it’ll go straight to my recommended agent) or calling Disney can book up to 500 days in advance and then when discounts are announced, you can have the discount applied to your existing reservation.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Will you be taking an adults-only trip to Disney World? Do you have questions or suggestions on planning your trip?
Please feel free to share them in the comments.
- New Early 2023 Disney World Resort Hotel Discount Available For Passholders
- New Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Available For Disney+ Subscribers
- 2022 Disney+ Subscriber Holiday Offer Announced For Walt Disney World Resort
- Early 2023 Disney World Offers For Florida Residents & Disney Visa Cardmembers, Plus Chance to Save Up to $400
- New Disney World Resort Offer Available For Disney Visa Cardmembers