Be Our Guest may only have one character, but the beautiful setting definitely helps to make up for that.
Even though it’s pricey, we still wanted to check it out after the parks reopened to see how things have changed.
Here’s how it went.
Dining at Be Our Guest
- Location: Magic Kingdom (Fantasyland)
- Meals available: lunch & dinner
- Price: Adults (ages 10 and up) $62.00 / Child (ages 3-9) $37.00
- Characters: The Beast
- Link to menu
One of the most popular restaurants in all of Walt Disney World, the real draw here is the setting.
Themed to look like The Beast’s Castle, once you enter you’ll find 3 distinct dining areas:
- The Grand Ballroom (which is the room you enter into)
- The West Wing (where you’ll find the enchanted rose)
- The Castle Gallery (home of a giant music box)
All 3 are great but if you’re interested in one more than the other, just let your hostess know and they’ll try to accommodate your request.
Traditionally this restaurant was a hybrid between Quick Service and Table Service where breakfast and lunch were served Quick Service-style while Dinner was a Signature Table Service Dining experience.
Since the reopening, though, Be Our Guest is solely Table Service with only lunch and dinner services available.
Of course, you’ll need to make reservations to dine here – for the restaurant AND for the park. Both are required.
Restaurant reservations can be made 60 days out (either online or in the My Disney Experience app). Park Pass reservations can be made through mid January 2022.
- Tips for Snagging Be Our Guest Reservations
- Step-By-Step Guide to the Disney Park Pass Reservation System
Both lunch and dinner are the same prix fixe, 3-course menu.
And building on the Beauty and the Beast theme, the food is definitely French-inspired.
For your appetizer you can select one of the following:
- French Onion Soup
- Mixed Field Greens
- Cheese and Meat plate
- Maine Lobster Bisque
And for entrées you have the choice of:
- Herb-salted Pork Tenderloin
- Center-cut Filet Mignon
- Poulet Rouge Chicken
- Roasted Corn and Spinach Tortellini
- Pan-seared Sea Scallops
And finally, a dessert trio (you get all 3):
- Lemon Jam Macaron
- Dark Chocolate Truffle
- White Chocolate “Chip” Cup
What we liked
On our recent visit we had French Onion Soup, Maine Lobster Bisque, the Pork Tenderloin, and Filet Mignon, and while we thought it was all delicious the entrées and dessert were definitely the highlights of the meal.
What we didn’t like
The French Onion soup was just okay.
Unlike other character meals where you’ll see multiple different Disney favorites, Be Our Guest has just one: The Beast.
If you’ve visited here before you know that in the past The Beast was in a side-room where guests would line up to meet him. Now instead of being stuck in one place he now roams through the restaurant as guests dine.
He doesn’t move from table-to-table, though. So those tables near the main walkway will have the best view.
And, although he doesn’t stop long, he will pause for a selfie:
The Beast does not sign autographs and there are none of the cute postcards with autographs here (like you see at other character meals).
Be Our Guest is always good for a splurge or die-hard Beauty and the Beast fans, but now with your only option being an expensive Table Service meal we’re not sure it is worth it for most families. Especially if your goal is to see characters.
Want to see what we thought of your other character meal options?
- Chef Mickey’s Review
- Topolino’s Terrace Review
- Garden Grill Review
- Hollywood & Vine Review
- Ravello’s Review
- Cinderella’s Royal Table Review
Our most recent visit to Be Our Guest is included on our daily vlogs. Check it out for more information (and some better food pics!).
- Disney Junior Character Breakfast Returning To Hollywood & Vine
- Woody’s Lunch Box & More Dining Reopening At Walt Disney World
- Tokyo Dining In Epcot’s Japan Pavilion Is Reopening For A Limited Time
- Disney World Buffets Return & Cinderella Royal’s Table Adds Breakfast
- Character Dining Returns To Chef Mickey’s Starting December 16