Hollywood Studios is one of Walt Disney World’s most popular parks — and for good reason.
There’s a lot to see and do. But, how well do you really know each section of the park?
Yes, there’s Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and Toy Story Land, 2 of the busiest sections of Hollywood Studios, but what about the rest?
There are 9 lands of Hollywood Studios. That’s right, 9!
Each of these areas have their own special attractions, entertainment, dining, characters, and so much more.
So, let’s take a deep dive into each one and explore if you’re missing anything.
Commissary Lane isn’t a very big land in Hollywood Studios, but it has some fun dining and a great character meet and greet.
Let’s take a short walk down Commissary Lane!
- Location: Hollywood Studios
- Restaurants: 1 Quick Service (ABC Commissary); 1 Table Service (Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant)
- Shops: None
- Entertainment: None
- Attractions: None
- Characters: Minnie and Sorcerer Mickey
- Popular snacks and drinks: Specialty desserts (ABC Commissary)
- Not-to-miss: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, Minnie and Sorcerer Mickey
Commissary Lane Map
Commissary Lane has 1 Quick Service spot and 1 Table Service restaurant.
Quick Service Restaurants
ABC Commissary has seen menu changes over the years and now there are a range of tasty choices for lunch and dinner.
While enjoying the Art Deco setting of the studio-inspired commissary, you can order shrimp tacos, a buffalo chicken grilled cheese sandwich, a mediterranean salad, and a plant-based California burger, to name a few.
You can also usually find specialty, seasonal, or limited-time desserts.
It can get busy here, especially during peak lunch and dinner times, so you should definitely take advantage of Mobile Order.
Table Service Restaurants
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant is a unique dining experience at Hollywood Studios.
For either lunch or dinner, you sit in a car and eat as you watch classic footage of sci-fi movies as if you were at a drive-in back in the 50’s.
It really is fun and unlike anything you’ll experience on property, especially when it comes to dining.
The menu has a range of offerings, but the milkshakes are the highlight here.
Some of us on the WDW Prep School team (ahem, Allyson), actually think these milkshakes are the best on property.
Reservations are accepted (and recommended) here.
The entirety of Commissary Lane is basically one big seating area.
There are plenty of tables covered with umbrellas to choose from. Plus, there is indoor seating at ABC Commissary.
There are 2 popular characters to meet on Commissary Lane at “Red Carpet Dreams”.
First, you can meet Minnie in her beautiful Hollywood-style gown.
After Minnie, you enter a room to meet none other than Sorcerer Mickey!
Both Mickey and Minnie have PhotoPass photographers.
You can find times they meet listed in the My Disney Experience app, along with wait times and their exact meeting location.
The following isn’t an official PhotoPass location, but it’s such a fun photo spot!
You can find this car outside Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater. This is also like one of the cars you dine in inside Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater.
You don’t have to have a dining reservation either to pose here. It’s available to all guests.
These restrooms are somewhat hidden, but there is a set for guests to use between Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater and ABC Commissary.
You’ll see a door between the restaurants that you can enter and the restrooms are right there.
These are the same restrooms available to guests dining at both Sci-Fi and ABC Commissary.
Commissary Lane Checklist
What’s your favorite thing about Commissary Lane at Hollywood Studios? Tell us in the comments!
- Genie+ Adding Festival of Fantasy & Hollywood Studios Character Meet & Greet
- Select Individual Lightning Lane Attractions Moving To Genie+ At Disney World For Limited Time
- Capture Your Moment Sees Price Increase As It Comes To Epcot & Hollywood Studios
- Where You Can Hug Characters Again at Disney World
- Character Sightings Are Coming To Genie+ At Walt Disney World
- Discovery Island at Animal Kingdom (Nomad Lounge, Trails, Mickey & Minnie) - October 7, 2022
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Opens January 2023 at Disneyland, Plus More Disney100 Celebration Details - October 6, 2022
- Walt’s Main Street Story & Holiday Guided Tour Returning to Disneyland Resort - October 5, 2022