Planning to go to Disney World in 2018? Let’s chat about the best times to visit.
I also have a quick tip to help you snag some hard-to-get FastPass+ reservations for your trip.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a first-timer trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
News and houskeeping
- Flights of Wonder at Animal Kingdom is ending December 31, 2017
- A new Russell and Dug show is coming to Animal Kingdom in spring 2018
- It’s not official, but it looks like Stitch’s Great Escape is going away after January 6, 2018
- Millennial pink MagicBands are coming within a few weeks
Best times to visit in 2018
- Watch on YouTube
- For the 2017-2018 Disney World crowd calendar, go to https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-crowd-calendar//
- For the Disney World crowd calendar, check out https://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-crowd-calendar/
Quick tip of the day
There have reports of FastPass+ drops at various times of the day, especially for Flight of Passage. Recent reports suggest 1:07, 3:07, and 5:07, but be sure to check out the Backside of Magic podcast to keep up with the latest.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- New Car Locator Feature Coming to My Disney Experience & Disneyland Apps
- Erin C.’s trip with two little ones to Disney World– PREP 358 - May 23, 2023
- What is the best way to get from MCO to WDW? - May 16, 2023
- Competing at The Summit and a Disney World vacation with Misty O – PREP 357 - May 16, 2023
Saturday 16th of December 2017
Hi! under the tip of the day you mention FP "drops". What do you mean by this? Do you mean that they suddenly release a bunch of FPs for various days at around 1:07 and 3:07 or is it a drop of "day of" FPs? Not sure if I should be either: a)checking the app at 1:07, 3:07 etc for my AK day in early February or if b)I should be using this strategy on the actual day that I am in the park. Many thanks :)
Saturday 16th of December 2017
Yeah, that's what I mean by drops - that they release more. I don't really know what days to check either. Just been hearing a lot of rumors about it working and wanted to mention it.