There are some questions that seem to come up over and over again and today I’m discussing my answers to questions about things like when to book Disney World trips, how to get discounts, what things are worth it for most people + other questions that frequently come up.
I also have a quick tip of the day about how to get a good spot in a line that grows as soon as the parks open.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Frequently asked questions
- When should I book my trip? My advice is usually to book ASAP. Discounts can be applied later if/when they are released and you can make payments after making an initial deposit on your vacation package.
- How can I get Free Dining? Usually just offered in the fall. If/when it’s announced, you should call ASAP to get the promotion. You might want to use a good Disney agent to make sure you get the discounts as soon as they are released.
- Is _____ worth it? Things that are worth it for most people: Preferred Rooms at Value and Moderate Resorts, Memory Maker, the Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party and taking taxis.
- What age should I take my child to Disney World? For people that want to take 1 trip with their child, 8-years-old is my favorite age.
- When should I go to Disney World? – I have a chart of the best times to go that’s a good reference.
Quick tip of the day
People who want to try to get in the line to sign up for Jedi Training Academy can get a jump start on the line by having an 8:00 a.m. breakfast reservation at Hollywood and Vine in Hollywood Studios.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Do you have questions about anything else that you’d like to ask? Feel free to post them in the comments.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023
- Disney cruise from England to Norwegian Fjords – PREP 374 - September 12, 2023
- Alise’s quick mother-daughter trip to Disney World – PREP 373 - September 5, 2023