The newest and most popular restaurant at Disney World is Be Our Guest Restaurant, located in the New Fantasyland section of Magic Kingdom.
This restaurant is a Quick Service location for lunch and a Table Service for dinner so the strategy to eat there is different for each meal.
Being a popular restaurant means that it’s hard to get a reservation, but I have some tips to help you increase your odds.
Getting a dinner reservation
Since Be Our Guest is a Table Service for dinner, you can get a reservation to eat there just like any Table Service restaurant – by booking 180 days in advance.
Here are some ways to increase your odds:
- Stay on-site so that you can make all of your reservations 180 days before your trip begins, not just 180 days before the day you want to eat. Confused? Watch this video where I explain how on-site guests have an advantage when making dining reservations.
- When making dining reservations, book ADRs in the order of difficulty, not chronological order. That means that Be Our Guest would always be the first one you’d book, no matter when it falls during your trip.
- If you’re staying on-site, plan your reservation toward the end of your trip to increase the chances that you’ll get it. Since off-site guests won’t have access to those dates yet, your odds are better the later your dates are.
- Avoid looking for reservations on party nights. In September, October, November and December, there are parties held at Magic Kingdom a few nights a week which means the park closes at 7 p.m. so that the party can begin. Table Service restaurants are not open during the party so that means TS restaurants are only open for a short time, making it hard to get a reservation.
Confession: I’m not the biggest fan of Be Our Guest for dinner because the food and service are so inconsistent. I think it should be a much better experience considering how difficult it is to get a reservation. I do love it for lunch so let’s talk about how to do that.
Eating lunch at Be Our Guest
In general, it’s a good idea to visit Quick Service restaurants outside of the peak meal times to avoid long lines and that will work at Be Our Guest as well (I’d recommend being in line here at 10:30 – other QS restaurants can be visited closer to 11-11:30 to avoid the lunch rush).
However, Disney is currently testing a FastPass+ option at Be Our Guest that will allow you to make a reservation and skip the line. This does NOT count as 1 of your allotted 3 FastPass+ reservations per day and is totally separate from that.
Disney is currently using a paper FastPass-like system where they hand out return times to people standing in the regular, non FastPass+ line. Under this new system (however long it lasts – it’s not clear if it’s a test or permanent), I suggest showing up early, not waiting until 1:30 when those passes will likely be gone and already distributed.
This only works for people who are staying on-site. Off-site guests or those without a FastPass+ reservation should plan to line up at the times I listed above to avoid lines.
Here’s some info about how to do that:
- Disney will tell you that this is by invitation only and indeed, they email a lot of people a few weeks before their trip to invite them but that doesn’t mean this won’t work as well. However, do NOT call or do an online chat with Disney because they will tell you their official line (“it’s just a test and you can’t book it ahead of time”) and will not help you at all.
- You can book the reservation by visiting https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/
- That link may ask you for a 12-digit numeric confirmation number, not the shorter alphanumeric confirmation number that you can probably find easily. Here are a few ways to find the 12 digit number:
- If you booked a room-only reservation, the number is likely shown at https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/trip/my-vacation/
- If you booked a package and you have less than 60 days before your trip, go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/trip/my-vacation/ and hover over the “check in online” link but DON’T click it. See the URL that it points to and the last 12 digits should be your confirmation number.
- On Magical Express luggage tags that are mailed to you
- As part of your Memory Maker package info
- Your reservation will NOT show up in your My Disney Experience account with all of your other reservations so write down the info or take a screenshot so you have it for later.
- You can usually book this about 3-4 weeks before your trip begins.
I get emails about this every day so I hope this info was helpful.
|If you enjoyed this article, be sure to get email updates (it's free).|