Tips for eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner at Be Our Guest Restaurant
(Article last checked: September 5, 2016)
The newest and most popular restaurant at Disney World is Be Our Guest Restaurant, located in the Fantasyland section of Magic Kingdom.
This restaurant is a Quick Service location for breakfast and lunch, and a Table Service for dinner so it's different than most Disney World restaurants.
Being a popular restaurant means that it's hard to get a reservation, but I have some tips to help you increase your odds.
Getting a dinner reservation at Be Our Guest Restaurant
Since Be Our Guest is a Table Service for dinner, you can get a reservation to eat there just like any Table Service restaurant - by booking 180 days in advance. Dinner reservations can be booked from 4:00 until park closing.
One nice perk of dinner at Be Our Guest: The Beast appears in his own room.
Here are some ways to increase your odds:
- Stay on-site so that you can make all of your reservations 180 days before your trip begins, not just 180 days before the day you want to eat. Confused? Watch this video where I explain how on-site guests have an advantage when making dining reservations.
- When making dining reservations, book ADRs in the order of difficulty, not chronological order. That means that Be Our Guest would always be the first one you'd book, no matter when it falls during your trip.
- If you're staying on-site, plan your reservation toward the end of your trip to increase the chances that you'll get it. Since off-site guests won't have access to those dates yet, your odds are better the later your dates are.
- Avoid looking for reservations on party nights. In September, October, November and December, there are parties held at Magic Kingdom a few nights a week which means the park closes at 7 p.m. so that the party can begin. Table Service restaurants are not always open during the parties so that means TS restaurants are only open for a short time, making it hard to get a reservation.
Confession: I'm not the biggest fan of Be Our Guest Restaurant for dinner because the food and service are so inconsistent. I think it should be a much better experience considering how difficult it is to get a reservation. I do love it for breakfast and lunch so let's talk about how to do that.
Eating breakfast and lunch at Be Our Guest
In early 2015, breakfast and lunch reservations became available at Be Our Guest. Please note that The Beast does not appear at breakfast or lunch.
Although it's still considered a Quick Service restaurant for these meals, reservations are treated much like a Table Service in that they can be booked ahead of time and require a credit card guarantee. Breakfast is served from 8-10 a.m., and lunch is served from 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Breakfast and lunch reservations are available 180 days in advance.
Disney also gives you the ability to pre-order your food from the My Reservations page from 5 minutes to 30 days before your reservation.
I highly recommend doing that to save yourself about 10-15 minutes in the restaurant. People who have pre-ordered get to skip part of the line and proceed directly to a cashier who will take your payment.
A couple of tidbits regarding the breakfast:
- It's the best value of a Quick Service credit, and the portions are huge so you might consider splitting meals
- Pastries are served with your entree and might be too much to eat. Consider packing a Ziploc and saving those as a snack or breakfast at a later time.
- Getting a reservation around 8 a.m. is a great way to get into the park before park opening and you can easily be finished up within 30 minutes or so, allowing you to leave and get in line for a popular attraction like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. However, Disney sometimes changes park hours to a park opening time of 8 a.m. so I might suggest making a reservation around 8 and around 10 and then canceling whichever one you don't want later on.
Still have questions or thoughts on Be Our Guest Restaurant? Feel free to leave those in the comments.