Here is an exciting Walt Disney World update. On Nov. 20, Disney announced that the Park Hopper option is returning beginning Jan. 1, 2021.
Currently, and ever since WDW first reopened in July, guests have only been able to visit one park per day. However, that is all going to change at the start of next year for select guests.
There are also some modifications that have been made to park hopping to ensure health and safety protocols are being maintained.
Here’s everything you need to know about the return of park hopping:
- Starting Jan. 1, 2021, guests who purchased a ticket or annual pass with Park Hopper benefits will be able to visit more than one park per day.
- Guests have to make a Disney Park Pass reservation for the first park they plan to visit AND enter that first park prior to visiting another.
- At this time, a park reservation is not required after the first park, however, reservation requirements are subject to change.
- There will be specific Park Hopper hours during which this option will be available. Park Hopper hours will start at 2 p.m. each day and end at the park’s scheduled close time.
All that said, it’s important to note that limited park capacity isn’t going anywhere, even when it comes to park hopping.
In the words of Disney, “Please note that the ability to visit another park will be subject to the park’s capacity limitations.”
As for the designated park hopping hours, Disney also explained that guests “will soon be able to check DisneyWorld.com/ParkHours and the My Disney Experience app for the most up-to-date Park Hopper hours, as they could start earlier at a later date, depending on the day and park.”
It’s also important to add that if you’re visiting Hollywood Studios AFTER you visit your first park, you CANNOT join the virtual queue for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
Be sure to contact the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 934-7639 or your travel agent if you have a ticket that includes the ability to visit more than one park per day and you want to modify or cancel it.
If you’re wondering whether or not you can upgrade a ticket to include the park hopper option, you can.
This is all we know right now regarding park hopping, but we will of course update you whenever we learn more.
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- Disney World Announces 2022 Disney Weekday Magic Ticket For Florida Residents
- 2021 Florida Resident Summer Fun Disney World Ticket Deal Now Available
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure Will Use A Virtual Queue