Now that Florida bars are allowed to reopen at 50 percent capacity as of Sept. 14, Walt Disney World has reopened two bars at Animal Kingdom. That’s right, Dawa Bar in Africa and Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks in Asia are open for business.
The Quick Service bars reopened over the weekend of Sept. 19 with health and safety measures put in place, including plexiglass at the counters and markers on the ground to help distance guests.
As confirmed by Disney Food Blog, both are once again serving up some favorites, including the famous Ngumu Jungle Juice at Dawa Bar and the Himalayan Ghost at Thirsty River Bar. You can also grab a Simba Pretzel from Thirsty River Bar and Trek Snacks.
To be clear, the Trek Snacks part of the location has been open since Animal Kingdom first reopened. But, Thirsty River didn’t officially start serving until Sunday, Sept. 20.
Disney Food Blog also reports that, according to Cast Members, Dawa and Thirsty River are currently operating with limited hours right now. This, of course, can change at any moment. You can also ask a Cast Member for the hours or even check the My Disney Experience (MDE) app.
In addition to Dawa and Thirsty River, Island Mercantile is also once again open for guests to browse parks merchandise. The shop is located right across from the Discovery Trading Company, another merchandise store, which has been open since Animal Kingdom first reopened.
As show in MDE, Island Mercantile has limited operating hours and will be open at noon until park close. Animal Kingdom opens at 9 a.m. and depending on the day will close at either 5 p.m. or 6 p.m. There recently have been many park hour updates, including for the holiday season.
- Walt Disney World Extends Park Hours For First Two Weekends In October
- All Four Walt Disney World Parks Extend Hours For Last Weekend In September
- Animal Kingdom Adds Capture Your Moment Sessions Starting May 17
- Disney Springs Extends Hours On Fridays & Saturdays Starting October 9
- Two Fossil Fun Games Reopen At Dino-Rama In DinoLand U.S.A.
- More Disneyland Dining News, Including Reservations At Trader Sam’s - August 4, 2021
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Pricing, Itinerary, & More Revealed - August 4, 2021
- Disneyland Announces New ‘Magic Key’ Annual Pass Program - August 3, 2021