Disney puts gift shops at the exits to nearly all of their attractions, giving you endless opportunities to buy their stuff.
Today, I have tips for souvenir shopping to help you know when to buy and what to get.
I also have a quick tip on using Magical Express on a schedule that works for you.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
- Budgets can vary a lot but I suggest $100 as a minimum for a week-long trip. Playing Tinker Bell or purchasing an in-room celebration can help reduce kids asking for lots of souvenirs during trips.
- Buy things when you see them because you might not see them again
- On-site guests can send items back to their resort to avoid carrying. Off-site guests can send items to the front of the park.
- Focus on exclusive items that can only be found at Disney World such as Star Wars merchandise (in the exit area of Star Tours in Hollywood Studios or Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney), Mr. Potato Head parts, CDs or Vera Bradley bags
- Cheap/free suggestions include pressed coins and the character drawings at Animation Academy at Hollywood Studios (Update: Animation Academy is no longer open at Hollywood Studios as of July 12, 2015)
- Souvenirs to help you remember the trip include personalized ornaments (available at the Christmas stores in Magic Kingdom or Downtown Disney), silhouettes (available in the France section of Epcot, a couple of locations in Magic Kingdom and in Downtown Disney), merchandise that has the year on it (such as a picture frame)
- Other favorite items include Epcot passports, Mickey ears, and pick-a-pearl in the Japan section of Epcot
Quick tip of the day
If you want to take Magical Express at a different time than when your flight is arriving or departing, use a different flight number when making your reservation.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Do you have any questions or additional suggestions for souvenir shopping? Feel free to share in the comments.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- What’s coming in late 2023 and early 2024 – PREP 376 - September 26, 2023
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023
- Disney cruise from England to Norwegian Fjords – PREP 374 - September 12, 2023