Disney puts gift shops at the exits to nearly all of their attractions, giving you endless opportunities to buy their stuff.
Today, I have tips for souvenir shopping to help you know when to buy and what to get.
I also have a quick tip on using Magical Express on a schedule that works for you.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
- Budgets can vary a lot but I suggest $100 as a minimum for a week-long trip. Playing Tinker Bell or purchasing an in-room celebration can help reduce kids asking for lots of souvenirs during trips.
- Buy things when you see them because you might not see them again
- On-site guests can send items back to their resort to avoid carrying. Off-site guests can send items to the front of the park.
- Focus on exclusive items that can only be found at Disney World such as Star Wars merchandise (in the exit area of Star Tours in Hollywood Studios or Once Upon a Toy in Downtown Disney), Mr. Potato Head parts, CDs or Vera Bradley bags
- Cheap/free suggestions include pressed coins and the character drawings at Animation Academy at Hollywood Studios (Update: Animation Academy is no longer open at Hollywood Studios as of July 12, 2015)
- Souvenirs to help you remember the trip include personalized ornaments (available at the Christmas stores in Magic Kingdom or Downtown Disney), silhouettes (available in the France section of Epcot, a couple of locations in Magic Kingdom and in Downtown Disney), merchandise that has the year on it (such as a picture frame)
- Other favorite items include Epcot passports, Mickey ears, and pick-a-pearl in the Japan section of Epcot
Quick tip of the day
If you want to take Magical Express at a different time than when your flight is arriving or departing, use a different flight number when making your reservation.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Do you have any questions or additional suggestions for souvenir shopping? Feel free to share in the comments.