We finally have more details when it comes to runDisney’s 2022 Springtime Surprise Race Weekend, which is held March 31 through April 3 at Walt Disney World.
In June, it was first revealed that in-person runDisney races would be resume in 2021.
At this time, it was also announced that the Springtime Surprise Weekend would replace Star Wars Rival Run Weekend. That’s all the information that was given.
But, now we know details about each race, dates, when registration opens, and more. It’s also important to note that there are virtual options for each of these races (pricing ranges between $75 and $305, depending on the race).
Let’s get to it!
First, and most importantly, here is when online registration opens.
- Club runDisney Gold and Platinum: Dec. 7, 2021 at 10 a.m. EST
- General: Dec. 9, 2021 at 10 a.m. EST
- Virtual: Dec. 14, 2021 at 10 a.m. EST
Springtime Surprise Weekend Races
There are four individual races. Registration fees also vary based on the date, which you’ll see below in the parentheses.
- Expedition Everest 5K ($100 Dec. 9, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022; $110 March 1-23, 2022): Held on March 31, 2022 and will include a scavenger hunt that will be conducted during the 5K
- Race for the Taste 10K ($135 Dec. 9, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022; $145 March 1-23, 2022): Held on April 2, 2022 and is Ratatouille-themed
- Twilight Zone Tower of Terror 10-Miler ($190 Dec. 9, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022; $200 March 1-23, 2022): Held on April 3, 2022 and will be run in the morning instead of at night
- Springtime Surprise Challenge ($445 Dec. 9, 2021-Feb. 28, 2022; $455 March 1-23, 2022): You’ll participate in all 3 events (a total of 19.3 miles) and will also earn a special “challenge” medal.
There is also Sunrise Yoga held on March 31, 2022 in front of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom starting at 5:30 a.m EST.
Registration opens online on Dec. 9, 2021 at 10 a.m. EST and the fee varies. You’ll pay $95 between Dec. 9, 2021 and Feb. 28, 2022 or $105 between March 1-23, 2022.
You’ll be able to register for the Springtime Surprise Weekend online, where you can also find more details about the new runDisney race, along with other 2021-2022 runDisney races.
- Disney H20 Glow After Hours Returns To Typhoon Lagoon Memorial Day Weekend
- 2023 Lunar New Year & Disney California Adventure Food & Wine Festival Dates Announced
- TRON Opening April 4, 2023 at Magic Kingdom
- The Epcot Experience Is Permanently Closing In March 2022
- New Disney+ Subscriber Offer Announced For Disney Cruise Line
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Dates Announced - January 18, 2023
- Ariel Meet and Greet, Enchanted Tales With Belle Returning to Magic Kingdom - January 17, 2023
- Tiana’s Palace Replacing French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square at Disneyland - January 12, 2023