Did you know that 70% of people drive to Disney World? Today I have road trip tips to make the drive go more smoothly.
I also have recent news and a quick tip to allow you to enjoy a piece of Disney World at home.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
In this article
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your quick tip of the day
To prepare for the 100th episode, I’d love to have you call in your own quick tip of the day at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Road trip tips
Some ideas to make road trips go more smoothly:
- Play games – take trivia cards, book of questions (or 1 of many question apps), play the alphabet game, do Mad Libs
- Make a road trip playlist and take turns being in charge of the auxiliary cord
- Plan stops along the way using apps/websites like Roadside America (available for iOS) or Roadtrippers (available for iOS and Android)
- Make the car homey by bringing trash bags, pillows, and snacks
- Use the Waze app (available for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone) to check for traffic issues (and passengers can stay entertained by recording things in the app along the way to accrue points)
- Plan for the nighttime hours with book lights, glow sticks, etc.
- Bring DVDs of old sitcoms younger people may have recently started watching
- Encourage good behavior for kids by using clips that can lead to treats at rest stops or gifts that you’ve brought with you
- DisneyQuest in Downtown Disney is closing in early 2016.
- July 30 is rumored to be the date that premium events for Food and Wine Festival will be open to book.
- Magic of Animation building at Hollywood Studios is closing on July 12.
- A temporary Frozen boutique is coming to Hollywood Studios in mid-July and will be there through September 7.
Quick tip of the day
Although Animation Academy at Hollywood Studios is closing, you can learn to draw characters at home using YouTube videos that are hosted by Animation Academy artists.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)