(Article last updated: August 4, 2014)
As the new FastPass+ system has rolled out, people have had lots of questions about how it works.
Today, I’ve got a list of pros and cons of the new FastPass+ system and a quick tip on how to remember your trip.
Overview of FastPass+
The new FastPass system is called FastPass+ which allows on-site visitors to reserve rides up to 60 days ahead of time online (off-site visitors can reserve 30 days ahead of time), through an app or at a kiosk in the theme parks.
Pros of FastPass+
- It’ll be easier to arrive later since you won’t need to be there early to get FastPasses when they can be reserved at a later time ahead of time.
- There are more opportunities to use FastPasses including Fantasmic, parade viewing, more rides and Be Our Guest lunch.
- You won’t have to zig-zag as much since the FastPasses are reserved ahead of time so you won’t have to run across the park to grab them.
Cons of FastPass+
You can only get FP+ for 1 park per day and 3-4 FP+ per day.(Update: this is no longer true.) You will probably only be able to choose 1 headline attraction per day.(Update: tiers are in place at Hollywood Studios and Epcot, but not the other 2 parks.)
- Less spontaneous, can’t re-ride things.
- Smartphones are sort of required.
- Can’t give or receive FP+ to other people.
Can’t get FP+ for the same ride twice.(Update: this is no longer true after you use your first 3 FP+ reservations as your 4th FP+ can be any ride, including one you’ve already been on.)
Get a scented wall plugin with a smell that you’ve never used before. Take it on vacation and use it in your hotel room. After your trip, that scent will remind you of your vacation.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- What’s coming in late 2023 and early 2024 – PREP 376 - September 26, 2023
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023
- Disney cruise from England to Norwegian Fjords – PREP 374 - September 12, 2023