(Article last updated: August 4, 2014)
As the new FastPass+ system has rolled out, people have had lots of questions about how it works.
Today, I've got a list of pros and cons of the new FastPass+ system and a quick tip on how to remember your trip.
Overview of FastPass+
The new FastPass system is called FastPass+ which allows on-site visitors to reserve rides up to 60 days ahead of time online (off-site visitors can reserve 30 days ahead of time), through an app or at a kiosk in the theme parks.
Pros of FastPass+
- It'll be easier to arrive later since you won't need to be there early to get FastPasses when they can be reserved at a later time ahead of time.
- There are more opportunities to use FastPasses including Fantasmic, parade viewing, more rides and Be Our Guest lunch.
- You won't have to zig-zag as much since the FastPasses are reserved ahead of time so you won't have to run across the park to grab them.
Cons of FastPass+
You can only get FP+ for 1 park per day and 3-4 FP+ per day.(Update: this is no longer true.) You will probably only be able to choose 1 headline attraction per day.(Update: tiers are in place at Hollywood Studios and Epcot, but not the other 2 parks.)
- Less spontaneous, can't re-ride things.
- Smartphones are sort of required.
- Can't give or receive FP+ to other people.
Can't get FP+ for the same ride twice.(Update: this is no longer true after you use your first 3 FP+ reservations as your 4th FP+ can be any ride, including one you've already been on.)
Get a scented wall plugin with a smell that you've never used before. Take it on vacation and use it in your hotel room. After your trip, that scent will remind you of your vacation.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.