There are lots of opportunities to use coins at Disney World which has resulted in many people using mini-M&M containers to store quarters and pennies on their trip, including me.
Here are ones I made for a trip we took that included some of our nephews and nieces…
Sorry about the bad image quality
The problem with these containers is that they are huge. Each one would require $30-40 in quarters to fill up. That might work for some, but it was more than I ever needed, resulting in stuffing each container with tissue paper to keep the coins from rolling around inside of the containers.
Today, I have a new idea for something smaller that’s easy to personalize for your trip…
Using a tutorial I found for organizing cake decorating supplies, I made these bottles for storing coins on our next trip.
Here’s the simple process to creating these.
1. Gather medicine bottles
I happen to have a lot of these laying around (don’t judge me), but I’ve read that sometimes pharmacies will give you a couple if you ask.
2. Soak them in rubbing alcohol
If you have bottles with labels on them, pour rubbing alcohol in a bowl and submerge your bottle(s) in it for a few hours. The label will peel right off after being soaked for a while.
Rinse and dry.
3. Spray paint
Using spray paint that works on plastic, spray the bottle(s) and lid(s) in whatever color you like. I used Krylon which is sold at Walmart and home improvement stores.
Use several light layers, allowing for a bit of drying time between each. It took me about 3 coats, especially since the lids had words on them that took some work to get covered.
4. Add stickers
Allow the bottles a day to get really dry and ready to be handled. Add a sticker or several stickers to personalize. Voila!
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue Will Have 3 Drop Times
- Drawn To Life Prix Fixe Dining Package Available For Booking
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package Announced at Disneyland
- Disney World Genie+ Price Now Varies By Date, Plus Other Cost Increases
- Kat from Australia is Back with Exciting News– PREP 332 - November 22, 2022
- Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Strategy– PREP 331 - November 15, 2022
- Anniversary & First Trip to WDW – PREP 330 - November 8, 2022