I always tend to do days at Magic Kingdom pretty much the same way to avoid lines and make sure to fit in all of the attractions there.
Today, I have tips on how to do that for your trip.
I also have news and a tip for parents of little ones.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Call in your quick tip of the day
To prepare for the 100th episode, I’d love to have you call in your own quick tip of the day at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
My ideal Magic Kingdom day
- Start with an early breakfast reservation before the park opens or by arriving about 40 minutes before the park opens to see the opening show
- Start touring in Fantasyland or Tomorrowland, and then move on to Frontierland or Adventureland. See my Magic Kingdom touring plans for details.
- Lunch at Columbia Harbour House (Quick Service) and Liberty Tree Tavern (Table Service) are the most enjoyable to me. See the pros and cons of all Magic Kingdom restaurants for more info.
- After lunch, I like to use FastPass+ reservations and see shows.
- For an afternoon snack, I’d recommend a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle or an ice cream treat at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor.
- Watch the Festival of Fantasy Parade from the train station at the front of the park, and then exit the park or take the train to another part of the park.
- End the day with the Main Street Electrical Parade and Wishes fireworks. See my viewing tips for the best place to position yourself for these.
- Wilderness Lodge is going to have construction from October 26, 2015 through the end of 2017. The Hidden Springs leisure pool, resort beach, playground, fire pit, nature trail, boat and bike rentals, and spa treatments will be unavailable during that time. The main feature pool will remain open.
- Candlelight Processional packages are now available to book. See my holiday information for details on that.
- Check out Disney Food Blog’s overview of the Disney Dining Plan changes for more info on that.
- February 2016 park hours are now on the February dashboard and updates to the August park hours are on the August dashboard.
- Check out the Humans of Disney Facebook Page.
- First-timer interviews will be back on the podcast this fall.
Quick tip of the day
The auto-flush toilets often scare little ones at Disney World, so use the manual flush ones in the Baby Care Centers, or plan to cover the sensors on the toilets with your hand, a Post-it Note, or a sticker.
Have a quick tip of your own? Call it in at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Contemporary Grounds Reopens At Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Magic Kingdom Holiday Cavalcades Will Run 7 Days A Week, Except For One
- Woody’s Lunch Box & More Dining Reopening At Walt Disney World
- Harambe Market Reopening At Animal Kingdom Starting In November
- Disney’s Magical Express & Extra Magic Hours Ending At Walt Disney World